20.5: Spotty

*casually slides a long side chapter feat. Oikawa*

This chapter will be jumping from past to present so I hope that with this notice it won't be a confusing read.

(The text in between the stars is what is happening in the present time.)

Without further ado, I hope this chapter answers some questions you may have had and maybe lets you discover things you never thought about! Enjoy <3

__________

How you guys first met and interacted until you officially called each other friends was so gradual. But the moment Oikawa realized it could be something more made him fall too hard too fast.

He tosses his volleyball in the air as he absentmindedly spikes it. How did it even come to this?

He thinks back to the moment when he started to notice you. Sure, you guys went home at around the same time and sat by each other on the train but that moment he really took notice was probably around the time you guys spoke to each other. He could remember it so clearly.

It was the day that he had peeked into your art club room to see you working away on your canvas. You looked so focused, so in your element and he could see that you were clearly enjoying yourself. Then he was amused to see you looking at him in awe through the gym door window so openly that very same day.

That day he packed up early and took the train, pleasantly surprised to see you and that bright red spot on your nose. He chats with you in a lighthearted manner, and is later amused at your strange but refreshing gestures when you shared your milk bread with him. He found himself being intrigued by your ever changing facial expressions; from when he pointed out the paint on your nose to when he called you Rudolph the moment you stepped off the train. It was a spontaneous thing, but it had just slipped out so naturally.

Oikawa walks over and takes his volleyball as he chuckles at the memory.

He could also remember that once he looked at his phone that day, he had accidentally taken a photo of you with a distraught look on your face. It looked as if you had just noticed that the spot was there. Oikawa had considered deleting it but decided against it. He might as well show you before he did, Oikawa reasoned with himself.

That very next day Oikawa was walking over to Iwaizumi's classroom and sees you walk out. Without a second thought, he changes his destination and walks over to you, calling you the nickname you weren't too terribly fond of. Oikawa found it enjoyable to engage in such friendly banter with you and it just felt so refreshing.

He idly holds onto his volleyball, getting lost in his thoughts.

There was that first time when he waited by your club room and startled you, a bit shaken by his presence. Being able to interact with you those few times made him realize that your company was something he wouldn't mind having around more often. You naturally fell into a conversation with him, agreeing with his proposition about waiting for each other after practice with a firm nod. He wasn't too sure on your reasons for it but he was still happy all the same.