19: Flower Petal

After the fiasco for Oikawa's birthday died down a couple days later, you're surprised when Ami tackles you first thing in the morning as you met up to walk to school.

"[Name]! Happy birthday!" She clings onto you tightly, giving you a big hug.

You blink at her for a moment. With all the planning you did for Oikawa's birthday, you just settled back into your usual relaxed lifestyle, resulting in you forgetting your own birthday. It made a lot more sense now because that morning, after you had gotten ready for school, you had gone downstairs and your parents had left you a box on the breakfast table before they went to work.

Patting Ami's head, you mutter to yourself. "...Oh right, today's my birthday..."

Ami pulls away from you quickly, gripping onto your shoulders. "You forgot?!" She looks at you incredulously, her eyes wide.

You only nod in response as you hear her let out a resigned sigh as she mumbled to herself.

"...If you forgot your own birthday...then that means that guy doesn't know..." Ami's mumbles quiet down after a moment.

Linking her arms with yours, she shoots you a wide grin. "Well now you know so lets have a good time on your birthday~" Her smile looked slightly suspicious to you, but ever since Oikawa's birthday incident, everything she did seemed suspicious. Judging from the look in her eye, you figured she had something planned again. You prepared yourself as you walked to school with Ami, listening to her chatter most of the way there.

~~

When you guys got to school, Ami pulls away from you, clasping her hands together, saying she had to take care of something. She digs into her bag after she says so and places a small gift and an envelope in your hands before she winks at you, waving as she parts from you.

"Look inside the envelope first~!"

Turning your attention to the gift you received, you comply with what Ami had told you and open up the envelope. You look at the envelope with curiosity as you finally get it open, pulling out the contents before you almost drop them when you see what was inside.

There were three photos and a letter inside. The first thing you see was a blown up picture of you kissing Oikawa's cheek as both of you looked surprised beyond belief. Your cheeks flush in embarrassment as you grumble a little and take a look at the next photo, internally crossing your fingers about what else Ami had up her sleeve.

Luckily, the next photo was the group picture that wasn't zoomed in to you and Oikawa. However, everyone was looking at the camera with smug smiles on their faces with the exception of a certain two in the center.

You let out a huff before you take a look at the third picture, eyes widening in surprise. You were certain that neither you nor Oikawa knew about this picture being taken; you guys were by the cake you made for him. You guessed it was around the time when you first showed it to him seeing how flustered you looked in the photo as you tried to explain yourself.

What surprised you even more was the look Oikawa seemed to give you in the photo. It was a peculiar expression, his smile was soft and his eyes twinkling in amusement but also holding a certain fondness to it. Staring wordlessly at the third photo, you couldn't help but wonder when Oikawa started making that expression on his face—you had never seen it before, or rather, never fully noticed it.

Flipping the photo over, you see that Ami had written a little note at the back.

Take a good look at his face my lovely friend, you might see something you haven't noticed~