Epilogue: Reality

It has been a couple months since you moved in with your brother Jun, him making sure that all your needs had been taken care of. Upon seeing your room for the first time, it was an understatement to say that you were surprised beyond belief.

Jun set up your room as a little art studio, your room split up with your bed and side table on one side and the other had newspapers littered over the floor, the corner of the room holding blank canvases for your use during the school year. You told him he shouldn't have been surprised that you tackled him for a hug a second later.

During those months, the gap between you and Jun had gotten almost nonexistent, as if it wasn't even there in the first place—although both of you knew that wasn't the case. Perhaps over time, both of you had changed, getting to understand each other even more now that you stayed together.

Rather than dwelling on Jun's change, you opted to just ask him—not that you could hide it from him anyway.

"Something is different about you..." You glance at Jun's face, trying to figure out the difference. "Did you find love or something?"

"Maybe so?" Jun lets out a little laugh, one corner of his lips twitching up into a small smile. "If loving yourself counts."

"That works too," you laugh along with him, nudging his shoulder teasingly. "Whatever it is, it's a nice look for you. You look...free? I can't really put my finger on it..." Your eyes look up as your face held a contemplative look.

Jun scratches the side of his head in an almost bashful manner. "...Thanks. I'm glad it's working out then." He stands up from the dinner table and picks up both yours and his dishes. "I'll clean up here, you go finish up your work. It's almost submission period right?"

You nod at Jun, shooting him a smile. "Yeah, thanks Jun! I'll help you out when I finish up!"

Jun cocks his brow at you, sending a slight smirk your way. "I'll believe it when I see it~"

Unfortunately, since the art university during the semester was so demanding, there was less and less time to skype Oikawa. It had been the same for Oikawa in his university, also up to his neck with the amount of work he had to get through.

There were those rare times when you finally had enough money saved up to visit Oikawa and watch his games—be it a practice game or not, you wanted to see his improvements and be able to support him without the barrier of a computer screen. Oikawa was the same, coming over to visit when you mentioned exhibits you were able to show your work in.

However, money didn't come too easily for the both of you so you guys also settled for small moments when you could text each other or call one another—even if both of you knew that definitely wasn't enough. There were also times when he'd send a gift to you and vice versa; he had even sent you a couple shirt with a little alien on it (to which you finally realized he had a great interest in), telling you to wear it on your next visit and he would wear the same.

Currently, you were holed up in your room again after dinner, painting against time since the submission deadline was getting scarily closer. During these times, you would turn off your phone and laptop so you could focus wholly on finishing the works you had to get done for school.

You let Oikawa know beforehand, surprised that he took it pretty well but then realized he had his usual ulterior motive. He wanted you to visit him the weekend after your submissions. You told him that it would have to take longer since visiting each other proved to be quite an expense too big for a couple of full-time university students. Begrudgingly, he agrees with you, telling you to come visit him as soon as possible.

~~

The sun had gone down hours ago and your eyes were starting to feel heavy. Looking at the clock, you decide to finish up for the day and go to bed to get some much needed rest.