Chapter Three

Interesting. Not what I was expecting when I pictured a vampire. There are way too many movies and books floating around my head. Tanis is really, really cute, and that British accent is so hot. But I know that it's one of their natural abilities to entice their meals; looking pretty. That I know to be factual but I never expected, I mean, wow. Tanis is....not an option. He's a vampire and I'm a werewolf. Two species that don't blend well together, that don't harmoniously....well, anything! I'm surprised that he was so cordial and nice to me, even though I'm a werewolf. I wonder if he got the same pep talk that Dad gave me about playing nice in the sandbox together?

"Hello, Earth to Jay Dee," Yahto said as he waved his hand in front of my face to get my attention.

"Huh?" I looked at him confused.

"I've been talking to you for like ten minutes," he said and groaned loudly before softly knocking into me. "What are you thinking about?" he asked.

There was no way in hell that I was about to tell him that I had a schoolgirl crush on a damn vampire! He'd kick my ass from Lummi to Brookings and back.

"Nothing, are you going to be a ball-hog all period?" I complained, desperately trying to change the subject, and thankfully Yahto was as blond as they came so it worked and he threw the football to me. My last class of my shorten schedule was gym; I shared it with Yahto and six other werewolves so it wasn't that bad.

"What's taking so long?" I mumbled and looked at the clock on the wall above the door, trying my hardest to get Tanis out of my mind but his beautiful silver-streaked blue eyes were apparently haunting me because they were all I could see when I closed my eyes.

"Chill, you always get here like fifteen minutes before third period releases." Yahto tackled me, and both of us slid across the gym floor and into the wall, sending the ball spinning across the room in the opposite direction. "I think you lost some yardage, girlie!" he taunted.

"Yahto, why do you forget that I'm a girl?" I complained from under him. "Or do you even realize that I am one?" I groaned.

"There's no way in hell that he doesn't know you're a girl," an unfamiliar man said, effectively commanding our attention.

Who in the hell...must be another vampire.

Instantly Yahto was growling under his breath.

"I'm Romeo and these are my cousins," the interloper said.

I chuckled, thinking he was kidding, and Yahto pulled me to my feet.

"It's nice to see you again, Mr. Ashton," I said, looking around Romeo to the blond eying me.

"Miss Jay Dee," Tanis said with a nod of the head, then smirked when he got a dirty look from Romeo. "Are we playing...football today?" he asked, picking up the spinning pigskin.