Chapter Nineteen

That wasn't what I was planning on doing for my birthday, or any time soon for that matter, but it was...worth the wait.

Feeling Tanis' velvety hands caressing my body, his mouth exploring every inch of me was....it was beyond Heaven.

My parents were going to kill me when they found out, that I was pretty damn sure about. They might disown me while they were at it. Jarvis would be disappointed and might attack Tanis if the opportunity presented itself, but at that moment I didn't care. I could deal with all that and the drama later. Hearing my name murmured from Tanis' beautiful lips, hearing him say I love you while we had sex...

It was worth it and then some.

I didn't know what in the hell I was supposed to be doing, or how to do it exactly, but Tanis never complained or laughed. He was tender, gentle, and treated me as if I were delicate glass...that was slightly annoying at first, until he pushed onward, and then I was grateful for his delicateness; it hurt like hell at first, and he apologized and looked as if he was going to start crying when I gasped in pain. Once the pain subsided, it returned to being that sensual and beautiful moment shared between immortal lovers for the first time.

Never did I imagine that I could be so hopelessly in love with someone. Love was such a simple thing, and it truly was effortless, but what it did to my body, mind, soul, and senses was beyond anything I could have ever imagined possible.

I had honestly never felt that happy in my entire life.

It took eighteen years and a vampire to make me feel accepted, wanted, and loved. In all of my years, I would have never thought that it was possible that someone could make me feel this way.

The realization was rather amusing and it made me laugh.

"What is so amusing?" Tanis asked and caressed his fingers up and down the length of my back, his eyes moving over my face many times, looking at it as if it had changed in the past two hours.

I smiled and hugged his pillow tighter. "Nothing really," I admitted and stroked the back of my finger against his arm. "These have been five of the longest, shortest, most psychotic, enjoyable, and love filled days of my life. I know that I haven't been graced with as many days as you yet, but these past five have been the greatest of my life."

Softly he chuckled and a smile filled his handsome face. "I could not have agreed more." He looked over at the clock. "Duckie, you look knackered. Why do you not take a nap before we head out? I would like to give you your birthday present."

"Damn it, Tanis. I told you no presents," I groaned.

Of course he laughed. "That you did. However, you did not specifically say that Jarvis and I could not get you gifts together. Thus, if I use one of his arguments, I did not do anything wrong because you did not specifically say we could not get you gifts together, and you specifically stated no gift."