Chapter 17

As soon as they returned to the gymnasium, students burst streamers over their heads. "Congratulations! Group Silver Hearts!!" The Student Council leaders cheered. "Magnolia!" Angelina rushed over to see her best friend unharmed. "You must be hungry from the hunt, come, let's have a seat!" The redhead lead her over as she held the prize egg in the ladle Myers had used, since her ladle was used to carry the raw egg. "Angey, what did you do during the two hours then?" Magnolia quizzed.

"We played other Easter games, like egg tapping. Apparently Camellia had the hardest egg while P.J. had the softest!" She laughed. Magnolia smiled. "We made cards too. Here, we made one for you," Angelina handed her a well drawn card with three rabbits playing in a field. Magnolia could tell that Angelina designed the card while Camellia colored it. "Thanks Angey!" She giggled. When they arrived, at the small table Camellia sat it, it was filled with their three plates of cookies and easter pudding.

"Félicitations pour gagner," the brunette congratulated as she stuffed a cookie into her mouth. "Can the winning group of the easter hunt come to the front?" They heard P.J. "Your cue." Camellia nodded. Magnolia managed a smile as she took a cookie before heading over. "Our winners for the hunt: Group Silver Hearts!" The President announced as everyone in the hall applauded for their achievement. "As for the reward: a stronger team bonds, easter chocolates that the principal had ordered in from Belgium, and the egg the principal made." P.J. smiled at Magnolia. "Good job, Wolfsbane." He ruffled her head.

As soon as the Easter celebration was over, everyone was eager to head home. Myosotis wanted to stay behind to meet Magnolia but Ethan had dragged him away, insisting that he 'joins his Easter party at his place' that afternoon. "Welcome to the club, Luna." Brûlée smiled as she handed Magnolia a small black box. "What's this?" She quizzed as she undid the golden ribbon.

Inside the box, was a wristlet, consisting of a lilac colored strap and and silver heart. "Welcome to the pack," Myers smiled, pulling down his left sleeve, revealing a similar wristlet, but a cobalt blue strap. "We haven't been registered yet so we're just sticking to this!" Brûlée added.

Myers took her wristlet and helped her to wear it around her left wrist. "If you're free this afternoon, wanna hang out at our 'pack house'?" Xiăo Lóng quizzed. "That's basically the tree house in my backyard." Candy interrupted. "To the pack house!" Brûlée and Xiăo Lóng cheered. "For the sake of love and delicious candies!" Jackal cheered.

・・・

Apparently, much to Magnolia's surprise, Myers drove a black motorbike that roared and Jackal drove a bright red convertible with cream colored seats. She had expected each of them to have their own way of transport but it seemed like Jackal carpools the girls. Candy rushes over to the shotgun as Brûlée and Xiăo Lóng casually jump in to the back. "Where does Candy live anyways?" Magnolia quizzed as she followed Myers to his bike. "Just a couple of streets from school." He answered. "See you later boss!" Brûlée called out as Jackal drove past the couple.

"We should hurry," Myers mumbled as he watched his Beta drive recklessly out of the school premises. "Has Jackal gotten his license yet?" Magnolia quizzed, after seeing that he had almost crashed into a lamppost. "He just got it after the Christmas break." He answered as he started his bike up. "Let's go," he pulled Magnolia on, letting her hug his waist to hold on as he drove out. She pressed her face against his leather jacket. "Just like marshmallow jelly and hot chocolate," she mumbled into his back, taking in his cinnamon scent.

It wasn't long until they reached a large sky blue house with a wide front yard that had a tall shady tree. "Myers, is that you?" They heard a voice, coming from inside of the house. "Who's that?" Magnolia asked as the called teen pulled over into the driveway, next to Jackal's convertible. "Candy's mother, Mrs. Kirkwood." He alerted as a pale blonde lady poked her upper body out of the living room window to see her guests. "Hello Mrs. Kirkwood." He greeted. She smiled warmly, showing her pearly white teeth.