Chapter 24

As the group tread on, Camellia peered over Ethan's shoulder and saw faint glowing orbs of hunger. Slowly coming out of their hiding spots, she saw the silhouettes of wolves, baring their fangs. She gulped and faced the front. It wasn't long until everyone heard growling. In front, wolves cornered them. Behind and at their sides, wolves had completely surrounded them. "Well, isn't it Scentless? Injured already?" Camellia heard Roman. Everyone turned around and saw the ginger. Roman adjusted his collar, before his gloves.

"And ain't it past all of your bedtime?" He joked. The wolves snarled at the teens. "And I'd thought Golden Bell was bad enough." Ethan mumbled to himself. Zwei barked at Roman. The Alpha snarled and the canine ran behind Ethan's legs, whining. "I'm sure Eddie boy would like to have your head on his wall." Roman glared at Myers. The youth snarled.

Then, a tall blonde man emerged from the crowd as a white haired woman followed behind. "Well, speak of the devil." Roman growled. A raven haired woman emerged from a different direction. "Edward Harris Zoloto." Myers growled. Edward folded his arms. "Nice to see you again, Rogue." He sarcastically greeted. "Cinder," Roman called to the raven haired woman. "Have we moved on?" She asked. "We've got the White Fang Luna cornered on Fang Cliff." Edward answered for Roman.

Ethan put Camellia down onto her feet. Zwei leapt into her arms, despite his stumpy legs. Then, the Russian caught the sight of a pair of ruby-colored eyes, hiding in the shadows. He cocked his gun, aiming it at Myers. "If I kill you, this would end, right?" He asked. "Ethan!" Angelina shrieked. Xiăo Lóng was quick to hold her Dao against his neck.

"Ethan, now's not the time!" Jordan yelled. "Braginski! Don't be an idiot!" Myosotis added. "It's like humans resorting to mutual killing when they're left with no choice." Myers added, tensing. Everyone protested. Roman gave a smug, slowly approaching Ethan. The Russian held a stiff and bold position, still aiming at Myers. The brunette relaxed, seeing a trick up his sleeve. "Lóng, put your weapon down." He ordered. She hesitated, but stepped away from Ethan as she lowered her weapon.

As soon as Roman was about a metre away from Ethan, the swiftly changed his direction and fired, wounding Roman's shoulder. "Dammit!" He clutched his shoulder. Ethan pulled Roman into an arm lock and shoved the muzzle against his temple. "Nobody moves." Ethan growled. "Nobody. Moves." He repeated himself. "Whoa there... there's no need for this!" Roman tried reason his way out. The Russian tightened his grip. "Any movements, and you lose your Alpha, Coffin!" He continued. Edward began to cackle. "How stupid can you humans be?" He asked between fits. "Coffin is a rogue pack for a reason." Edward sounded annoyed, as if he had been telling it on a daily basis.

Angelina noticed the white haired woman looking very uncomfortable. "See this?" Edward yanked the woman into a front view. "H-hey!" She yelped. "She used to be part of a former pack Snow Apple, until Coffin came along." Edward grabbed her jaw and made her look at him. "Don't you see? Coffin is a rogue pack. And they have been getting away with it for generations." Edward continued, letting go of her. The woman curled her lips in disgust by his actions. 'I know that pack.' Myers mind linked with Angelina.

'I heard that it was the last pack that had to be forcefully dissolved because of Coffin in the last decade. That"s the Alpha"s only daughter. I think her name was Winter.' Myers added. Angelina saw Winter grip her rapier that was hanging from her belt. Cinder pulled out a small cleaver from her sheath. She was about to approach Ethan when everyone heard another wolf howl. Everyone froze in place.

Roman groaned. "I thought you had them under control!" He snapped at Cinder. "I did. But you should know Red Eyes and Black Arrows." She muttered. Suddenly, Winter writhed herself out of Edward's grip and threw a high kick to his jaw. "You bitch!" He growled, grabbing her arms. Myers sprinted and tackled the Alpha, despite their size differences. Roman whipped out a dagger from a sheath that camouflaged on his pants. He was about to stab Ethan's thigh when a black figure tackled him onto the ground. A black coat fluttered in the breeze. Everyone saw a familiar white mask.