Chapter 16

"I found one!" Magnolia smiled as she held up a pastel pink egg with silver lacey designs on the coat. She turned to the rest of her teammates who were filling their basket with the handful of eggs they had found. "Good job," Myers praised her as he planted a chaste kiss on her ear. "How did you know that the rooftop was going to have this many?" She quizzed.

"The answer is quite simple: it's the perfect place to hide small items like eggs. Plus, not many would suspect here." Myers explained, taking her egg and adding it to the basket. "Hey boss, look at what I've found," Brûlée laughed as she pulled out an amber colored egg into view. It had a black-and-pink butterfly on it.

Myers peered over the ledge and gestured for the French teen to come. "Throw it at her." He pointed at whoever was down below in the foyer. Magnolia looked over and saw Clara, carrying the raw egg. Brûlée smirked and threw right at the ladle. The 'cursed' egg exploded with a small boom, but it was enough to crack the raw egg.

"Team Clara: out." Myers commented as Clara's group mates started groaning in pain. "Little master, we've cleared the area!" Jackal called out. "Alright, head to the science labs." Myers smiled. Jackal and Candy nodded before they hurried off with the other two girls.

"Alpha material," Magnolia smiled. "You can say that again," Myers chuckled, "although not official, our pack name is Silver Hearts. I'm Alpha, Jackal is Beta and Brûlée is Third. Candy is Beta Female." He lead her down from the rooftop.

"Beta Female?" Magnolia repeated. Myers nodded. "Candy and Jackal are mates. As for Xiăo Lóng, she was actually supposed to be Third, but she declined." He explained just as he closed the rooftop door behind him.

・・・

"Yo boss," Brûlée greeted Myers as they entered the lab. He looked around to only see his Third present. "Where are the rest?" He questioned. "We cleared the lab, so they headed to the fields. Seems like every group is going there." She reported.

Myers glanced at his phone. Magnolia peered over. Apparently there was the clue for the winning egg was released. "Where rabbits play." Was the clue given. "Brûlée," he called, "We're going to the rabbit house." He added. "Okay.." Magnolia nodded and followed them. The rabbit house was located in the school garden behind the science labs.

"I'm surprised that people didn't think of coming here." Magnolia added as soon as they arrived. "They might have thought of wild rabbits instead," Brûlée chuckled as she climbed over the small fence to pick up a small brown rabbit. Another notification to Myers's phone. It was the photo of the egg the principal painted.

It was a pale yellow egg with a white-and-pastel red striped bottom half, separated by a beaded thread and tiny stick on gems. Similarly, the bow on top was of the same design. "That's really cute!" Magnolia smiled.

"Is that the one?" Brûlée quizzed, pointing on top of the gazebo in the garden. The other wolf-shifters turned. Indeed it was, sitting right on top of the gazebo in the beak of the eagle statue. "Let's get it," Myers answered, "Jackal and the rest will come here eventually." The girls nodded and headed over to the gazebo. Brûlée lifted Magnolia onto her shoulders as Myers steadied himself near the gazebo. The Third jumped onto her Alpha's shoulders, making themselves tall enough for Magnolia to climb onto the gazebo. Then he noticed something.

"Magnolia, where's the egg?" He questioned. "Hanging on your pants, boss." Brûlée said as she pushed the Luna onto the roof. Myers glanced down to see all three of their ladles hanging from the hem of his jeans. Deodorant and gunpowder. "Brûlée, Code Amber!" He shouted, splitting from the gazebo as a vodka bottle was smashed in his place. "Kya!" Magnolia clung onto the foot of the eagle as the Third leapt off the roof. Myers tossed her ladle to Brûlée as he backed away from the gazebo.

"Magnolia!" Myosotis shouted when he saw his girlfriend on the roof. He whipped his head over to his twin, noticing that their raw egg was in his possession. Myers noticed it as well. He too had his group's raw egg in his possession. "Ciao~!" Magnolia looked up to see Feliciano on the roof of the gazebo as well. "Feli-!" She gasped. "Guess our group's the winner~" He smirked as he reached for the prize winning egg. On the other hand, Magnolia felt Lacrimosa taking over her. "Move it, Venice Boy!" The she-wolf laughed as she lunged, snatching the egg before he did.

That's when Lacrimosa saw it. She saw colored contacts shift in that spilt moment when she lunged for the goal. Then, she slipped on a tile. "Magnolia!" Myosotis shouted, but quickly moved aside as his twin lunged for his egg. Lacrimosa grabbed the feet of the eagle statue as Feliciano fell off the roof. "Feliciano!" Saul shouted as he dashed from wherever he came from, catching his friend just in time.

Myers and Brûlée saw Gérard, Benjamin and Ethan enter the scene. Still, Jackal, Candy and Xiăo Lóng have not arrived yet. "Woah! Two Myosotis's!" Gérard and Benjamin gasped. Saul dropped Feliciano onto his feet. Ethan saw Myers's raw egg and smirked. "Boys, all at once!" He commanded and everyone charged at the Alpha, aiming for the raw egg. Just as they were reaching him, he evaded them. Magnolia and Brûlée saw how fast Myers shifted into his wolf form and back into his human form to dodge them.

"Little master!" Magnolia heard Jackal and smelled a strawberry-flavored lollipop. "Your turn to keep," Myers tossing him the ladle. "Oi, isn't that cheating?" Myosotis shouted when he realized that his brother had escaped defeat. "Parker only said that if your egg cracked, you're out. But he didn't say anything about keeping your egg taped to your ladle." Myers corrected. "Hey boss! Game ends at 3.30! It's 3.26, and it takes about 3 minutes to get to the hall!" Candy shouted as she rushed into the scene. "So it's Main against Reserve?" Ethan quizzed as he used his ladle and pointed it at Myers.

"You're the leader, no?" He questioned. Myers narrowed his eyes with suspicion. "Hey boys! I'm still stuck here! I don't think I can hold on much longer!" Magnolia complained. "Give us ten seconds!" Myers shouted, charging straight at Myosotis. Gunpowder. Feliciano ambushed the Alpha from the side as Xiăo Lóng rushed in from the back, aiming for their egg. Three seconds went. Myosotis dodged as Benjamin tackled her. That's the fourth.

Brûlée and Candy charged head-on at Myosotis, but Saul and Gérard tackled them head-on. Seven seconds have gone by. "Leaves just you and me." Ethan smirked as he pulled out a pistol. Jackal flinched. Gumdrops? He noticed and relaxed. "Viktor! I'm slipping!" Magnolia shrieked, just before she let go. The Beta dashed, running towards the Luna as Ethan lowered his gun. He emptied the barrel of its gumdrops and plopped one into his mouth. "That was fun," He smirked to himself as Magnolia was caught in Jackal's arms. "My hand hurts.." she whined. "At least you're on the ground," he joked as Myosotis ran over.

"Magnolia! Are you alright? Did they-?" He asked when Jackal flicked his raw egg out of the ladle. Everyone watched, stunned, as the egg fell and smashed on the garden carpet grass. Splat! The egg smashed, just like that. "Dahahaha! Только идиот будет падать за это!!" Jackal cackled as Magnolia slipped out of his arms. "Let's head back, I'm sure some Easter goods will cheer you up." She took his hand. Myers felt his heart ache, but quickly masked it as Feliciano helped him up.