Chapter twenty one: Fire starter...

It's been a whole day and a bit with out any interruptions from that creep. I'm going through the maids dresses like they are going out of fashion from all the times I keep changing. Ceil has set the task for Sebastian to find or if needed make a dress for me that has a low back bit so my wings don't tear through them each time. At least it is keeping him busy so he can't keep trying to tease me about souls.. Though I'm not sure how much actual teasing is mixed in with tempting.

I stand up and brush the specks of soil off my dress, that's the weeding done. I wonder what else Finnie would like help with? Looking up my eyes squint it's rather windy today- "CRASH." I spin around

"What the hec-Oh dear god.." My eyes close as my hand raises to my shaking head. Watching Finnie running to me between my fingers. A tree broken in half behind him.

"ALEX! ALEX! I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO IT HONEST!!" He runs screaming. Oh boy...I sigh and put my hands on his shoulders once he reaches me. Looking into his watery eyes.

"Hush! What's done is done OK. Just, oh I don't know, break it up into little pieces or something for the fires in the manor if we need any extra in the winter." His eyes brighten a bit as he sniffs. "Ok! I'll do my best not to break anything else." I smile in return. "Good now go and do it! I'll be indoors to see if MeyRin wants any help, ok?" He nods and runs off back to the tree, how on earth am I going to survive with this lot? I chuckle and make my way indoors. Shutting the door behind me my eyes land on MeyRi- Oh you have got to be kidding me! I leg it towards her.

"DON'T PUT THAT ON THE BANISTER!" I yell running in her direction, dashing up the stairs and pulling her quickly but gently away from it before the cloth makes contact. Phew close call. She looks down at what she has in her hand and realizes that the cloth is BLACK! And not the varnish she requires.

"Eek! Thank you so much Alex I am very thankful indeed! I am! Mister Sebastian would have taken my head off he would!" I laugh and get up then run my hand through my hair that's two out of three, ugh I hope Bard isn't going to do any thing today! I start to run to the kitchen while shouting back at MeyRin

"It's ok! Just make sure you look next time!" Wow I use to laugh when they did this when I was only reading or watching it. Now I'm in it....well to put it nicely, er, well, ok I can't ha, oh well. I reach the kitchen just in time to see Boldroy, PICKING UP HIS FLAMETHROWER!

"What the hell do you think you're doing with that?" I ask walking briskly to him, he jumps at the sound of my voice, well that's not suspicious. He cradles it against his waist and left arm, his free hand gravitating to the back of his neck, rubbing it whilst looking away from me.

"I was, er, moving it from next to the, er, oven so nothing could happen." He beamed a smile at me, obviously happy with his cover story, oh dear.

"So it has nothing to do with the raw meat on the table then?" I question, pointing to the slab of raw, I think, beef. He hardly glances at it, scratching his neck like a nervous tick.

"Of course not..." My eyebrows raise in disbelief, arms crossing over my chest. A couple of seconds is all it took for him to let a puff of air out in defeat. "Fine I was going to use it, but it would be much quicker!" I sigh and scratch my neck myself.

"Yeah and Bard, how many times has it succeeded?" He opens his mouth to speak but then closes it, I just smile and nod, turning to go, but I hear something click, oh no he didn't!

"I will get it right this time, just you watch me!" My heels spin me around, hair slicing through the air.
"NO!" But it's too late, my skin prickles at the feeling of heat bursting from the end of the flamethrower. Hungry to devour anything in its way.

As fast as the sensation of heat waves over me a sudden gust of wind comes in through the open window. Sending the hungry flame towards me, a scream escapes my lips, turning to my right using my hands as a useless shield to defend my face. Oh god-wait- it doesn't hit me? Glancing up to see it change direction, what? Did I jus-

"HOLLY SHI-" Bard jumps at me within the seconds my mind tries to work out what's happened. His body collides with mine, sending me to the floor. "GET DOWN!" He yells, just in time to see over his shoulder, at the glowing flame somehow heading over to the barrels of flour.. my eyes widen.

"SHIT!" I scream as the flame hits the barrels making a headache splitting BANG as flour fills the air. Immediately I start coughing as does Bard, he rolls off me, I assume trying to stand up.

My ears ringing and my vision confused with if I'm seeing white from lack of consciousness or just seeing flour everywhere. Just like in the movies, when someone throws a stun grenade. Bard pulls me up, I think, that or I'm floating. Yelling something at me, but all I'm hearing is high pitched ringing noises. I attempt to navigate my limbs to move but my vision is literally swirling in slow motion. I feel like someone threw me in a washing machine.

Someone else grabs me from Bard, I see a flash of black through the blurry white vision, Sebastian. A time when I am happy to see him, ok a hint of a lie I'm always happy, most of the time...

~~~

Sebastian puts me down on a chair in the other kitchen. I keep blinking, trying to clear my vision which is slowly returning. It manages to work out Bard stood next to him, crossed arms with a concerned expression. I look down and see we are both covered in flour, perfect.

Lightly hitting my ears, not at the same time, attempting to stop the ringing noise. Carefully shaking my head, causing flour to fall out of my hair. It becomes quieter but still noticeable. Sebastian turns to Bard with his 'I'm going to kill you face. ' Baldroy turns pale even under a white mask of flour.

"And how did you manage to hit the barrels with your toy?" Baldroy shrinks back a bit, wait that flame...it should have hit me..I should be toast, risking a glance back at Bard.

"I-I don't know, honestly! It wasn't even aiming at them!" Oh my.. holy crap mother of fudge. Did I really change the direction of it?!?! Bringing my hand to my mouth in shock, Sebastian not noticing for now.

"Yet it still managed to somehow hit them..." Sebastian says with a sigh, brushing off the flour on his coat from where he carried me. Baldroy rubs the back of his neck with his right hand again, clearly nervous.

"Well a strong wind came in from the window at it suddenly aimed towa-..." He trails off, looking directly at me, his eyes wide, hand frozen to the back of his neck. My own hand moving up to cover my eyes.

"Aimed at what?" Sebastian asks putting his hand to his head in despair. This time I manage to stand up, despite the situation I can't help but let out a half giggle and half sigh, moving my hand back down to my mouth my gaze changes to Sebastian. Who looks to be on his last nerve.

"Crap, it was me..." Muttering, not quite believing it before moving my hand away completely.

"Sebastian, Bard may have lost control of the flame when the wind hit, but I think it was me who changed it's direction towards the barrels, in self defence.." Sebastian regards me for a split second with shock and surprise. Then quick as it came, it was replaced with his famous closed eye smile.

"Well that makes a change, controlling fire now are we?" He opens them again and his eyes quickly flash fuchsia and back so only I see them.

"We will have to put that to the test." Mental gulp.......

A/N: I hope it was to your liking! Please Vote and Comment! ^_^ Dedicated to ALaws2018 for being an AWESOME supporter!......Next chapter She is in fire training with Sebastian (literally she is in fire trying not to get burned) and someone appears who loves the colour red.......