~Chapter Eight, One: A Day of Feelings, Empty Beds, and a Diary; Day Four~

It's the fourth day.

Three more days until I am to be attacked.

Elizabeth visited after breakfast, and the townhouse is full of pink decorations.

I groaned. It's always been like this during her visits.

Alice was being dressed up as of now, Elizabeth better not make her wear frilly dresses. I think she dislikes those. She prefers colours of the cool spectrum.

I know so, she told me two days ago.

...I was right. She doesn't like the dress one bit. Elizabeth did dress her up in a pink frilly dress.

She was forcing a smile for Elizabeth when she came out of the room and I refused to laugh out loud at her ridiculous appearance.

Not that I'm saying it looks bad on her. It just looks strange on her.

But pink absolutely does not suit her.

"Elizabeth, don't you think that is forcing it a little? She looks like she is going to suffocate." I pointed out Alice's suffering face. "Let her wear something darker." Elizabeth puffed her cheeks up.

"I keep on telling you to call me 'Lizzy', Ciel! 'Elizabeth' is too formal!" She huffs, then turns to Alice. "But you are right, pink does not suit her. It's always been that way." I looked at Alice and she looked back at me with an equally confused face. "Huh? Did I say something...? Oh well, back into the dressing room with you! I shall dress you up wonderfully!" She pushed Alice back to the room who looked like she was going to cry of shame, because Sebastian and I can see her like this.

Or is she going to cry because of the corset...?

I looked at Alice with pity. Poor girl.

"Ciel, you will be dressed up next!"

I sighed. Why me? Why couldn't it be Sebastian? But I'll just go with it, she'll cry if don't play dress up with her.

"Of course, Elizabeth."

"I told you, it's 'Lizzy'!" Then she closed the door to give them both privacy.

I haven't told Alice that Elizabeth's my fiancee, have I?

...No, I haven't. Oh she'll learn soon.

Later they came out with Alice wearing a blue dress. It was a lighter shade than the one I gave her (she has yet to wear it), and it hugged her figure nicely. The sleeves were loose at the wrists, and the skirt was not too puffy.

Perfect, I'd say. Elizabeth has a great taste in clothes.

Oh? Alice's hair seems to be in a loose bun held by blue flower pins, a few strands of her hair falling on her face, which reflected sheepishness.

She...

She looks noble.

She looks familiar.

I widened my eyes.

Elizabeth pushed some clothes in Sebastian's arms. "Here you go, for Ciel!" She giggled and skipped back to Alice, who was now looking self-conscious.

"Come along, young master." Sebastian chuckled. I grudgingly followed, and heard the two girls' conversation.

"Miss Elizabeth, are you certain? Letting a simple maid like me to borrow your dress--"

"Oh, don't worry about it! It's yours now!"

I heard Alice gasp. "Miss Elizabeth--"

"Call me 'Lizzy'! And it's all right, I tell you! You look splendid!"