~Chapter Six, One: A Day of Mysteries, Knives, and Secrets; Day Two~

((Dedicated to PadfootVader.))

It's been two days since the last letter came out, and Sebastian and I are doing all we can to get leads on that 'little dream'.

We did that by walking around London and see who will attack me.

Simple.

I took Sebastian and Alice with me. We also had to go to the Scotland Yard and ask them about the murders so as to have another excuse for going out into the city.

(I hope the others are taking care of the mansion well...)

I had to admit we did a little detour on the way back to our townhouse.

I was in a candy store.

I'm thirteen, what do you expect?

Now that I think about it, I think Alice is around my age.

... She is.

And right now, she's looking around with a sparkle in her eyes. Is this the first time she looked around without running errands or in a hurry?

I found myself staring at her longer than usual, and before I can look away, she caught me and tilted her head to the side. I widened my eyes a bit, flustered at being caught.

"Is there something wrong, Master Ciel? Is there something on my face?" She looked down and touched her face.

"Ah no, I was just wondering, we have the same age, yes?" I replied. I hope that came out as cool. Wait, why do I even care.

She looked up. "Ah, it may be? I am turning fourteen on January of the next year."

Five months from now...

"I see... I am turning fourteen this December." I looked back ahead, spotting some stores that sell Funtom candies.

"Oh, four months from now..." I glanced back at her. "Shall I get you a gift, Master Ciel?" A ghost of a smile appeared on her lips.

I turned away yet again, flustered. "I am fine, I do not need gifts." I sniffed, scoffing.

When... When was the last time I got a gift for my birthday...?

Then I remember fire, fire everywhere I look and there was so much smoke and tears were in my eyes as I called out for help--

I shook my head to get that memory out of my head and locked my jaw, gritting my teeth together. I took a deep breath and sighed it out, trying to calm down. Elizabeth gives me gifts, but it's not enough to erase that day out from my mind. It's burnt in.

"What about you, Alice? I shall get a gift for you, as a thank you for working under me, and for your birthday." I changed the topic before I'd have a breakdown. Sebastian must've known it, as he put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it. Alice looked at me worriedly.

"It is all right, but you do not have to. And are you well, Master Ciel? You look pale."

"I am fine." I got my handkerchief out of my coat pocket and wiped the cold sweat on my forehead. Then someone bumped into me.