~Chapter Three: The Third Alice~

((Dedicated to FreakWENCY.))

~

The third Alice was a little green one, very cute and dear in the Wonderland.
She charmed people to her every beck and call, with this she had made a strange green country.

This new Alice was the country's queen, taken over by a distorted dream.
She was afraid of losing to death, and so she would forever rule her country.

Who is the next Alice?

~

I slammed my fists on my table. It happened again.

These murders happen once a week, and just yesterday, a body of a green-haired girl was found in her bed, most probably poisoned.

I tore the newspaper into pieces in my anger. I just sent Sebastian on an errand again and Maylene just delivered the morning newspaper and this happens? Just what really is your motive, 'little dream'?

I sat down in a huff and a knock on the door resounded.

"Come in."

Sebastian came in and placed the folder on my table. I read the victim's profile, skipping over the photograph.

She was Michaela Blankenheim, the cousin of Kyle, to whom she was very close to (I'd reckon they're engaged). She was supposed to be the heiress of the Blankenheim Corp., a company for first-class clothes and accessories. She had light green hair (teal, is what I would describe it), way lighter than mine, and had green eyes. She was the household's 'queen' and was very beautiful; spoiled brat I'd say, as she is an only child. This 'strange green country' is the Blankenheim household, the servants and her parents were wrapped around her finger into giving her what she wants. It's said that on the night before she died, she was very like her usual self, and she was accompanied to her bedroom by her favourite servant, Gumillia.

She was thirsty, and was given water by Gumillia, then she went to bed smiling. That night, the servants heard of water being poured outside in their gardens and glass breaking. They disregarded it as the neighbour's doing and continued working. They didn't see Gumillia for the rest of the night. It was found later that she was sleeping in the maids' quarters, exhausted by the things the 'queen' asked her.

Yesterday morning (I reckon the reason why this was not in news yesterday was that the family kept quiet about it until after the investigation, which, apparently, went on until late morning yesterday), Michaela was to be awakened by Gumillia. When the maid tried to wake up Michaela, she noticed the 'queen' was not breathing and she panicked, calling the others up to her room. There they accused Gumillia of being the murderer and she admitted that she didn't have any memories of the night, and that her memories stopped when she was knocked out in the afternoon.

What was the glass breaking about, though? They're a bunch of twits not to really check about the glass. How idiotic can they get?

But strange.

And pretty complicated...

What's next, 'little dream'?

Who's next?