~Chapter Eleven: A Day of Waiting, Suffering, and Truths; Day Seven~

The last day.

And I haven't seen Alice since this morning.

This is bad.

I should tell Sebastian to check on her, but where is she?

The others hadn't seen her as well.

This is bad.

Very bad.

Where could she be?

>>><<<

During lunch, I took a walk out in the garden. It's been a while since I've really seen it. It was getting cold, even at noon, and the fresh air is as comforting as it can be, contrary to the stench of the city.

And where is Alice? Perhaps she really is...?

But she is neither a demon nor an angel, nor anything for that matter. Just a normal human.

Mortal.

This thinking is making me have a headache.

Sebastian never told me anything, but that's perhaps because he never really noticed something worth mentioning? Ugh. I hate not knowing anything.

"Young master, Alice is nowhere to be found."

I can feel my anger rising and I turned to Sebastian. "That is impossible. You should have found her by now. Why can't you find her? Are you sure you are looking very closely?"

He only smiled. There is nothing to smile about! "I did as you asked, my lord. I have looked everywhere, even in the city, the slums. She is nowhere to be found. Perhaps I can say that there is something at work. Those red eyes she was talking about...perhaps they really have a play in this."

I clicked my tongue as I turned away from him, anger burning in my chest. "Go away, Sebastian. Go out again. Find her. Do not come back until you do."

"Yes, my lord."

When I turned back, he was nowhere to be found.

>>><<<

I spent the rest of my time in my study, and it's getting darker by the hour. I couldn't let myself feel fear; I have gone through experiences more dangerous than this. And Sebastian hadn't returned yet-where is he? It's almost time, almost midnight.

Time flies by so fast.

I told the others to stay in their rooms and never come out. With a sigh, I ventured out into the dark corridors and into the moonlit night as I let my legs do their thing automatically. If this turns out to be a fight, I don't want the mansion to be destroyed again.

Hugging my coat closer to me, I walked aimlessly in the night, feeling a presence beside me and the sharp sting of the cold wind on my face.

"Well?" I raised an eyebrow at the line of trees, but Sebastian can guess my face right now. He always does whenever I'm not looking at him.

"Young master, she is waiting."

I let out a scoff. "I knew it. So? What is she?"

"I smell the faint scent of a demon, but she is not a demon, I assure you. Perhaps, she has the intentions to tell you later."