Chapter 1: Meeting A Greek God

Morning Coffee

Meeting A Greek God...

Every morning Naomi did the same thing, she would walk the same two blocks from her apartment to a little shop on the corner. She would order a coffee and sit at the table in the back, and open her book for the month. Next to her she heard the chair scrape across the tiled floor, her brown eyes looked in the direction.  No one ever sits there, the voice in her head told her. Though sure enough when she looked in the direction, there sat a man. His black hair was shaggy and around his face, making it hard to see what he looked like.  His strong jaw stood out, you could tell he was built under his shirt.  He is dressed nicely in a blue buttoned down shirt and black pants with dress shoes, his suit jacket on the back of his chair.  As if feeling the stare of the woman next to him.

Without even looking up,“Do you need something?” His deep voice shock little Naomi. She didn't know what to say, her embarrassment from being caught staring was a bit much for her; it had her words stuck, unable to come out.  After what seemed like forever to her, the man heard the little soft voice of the black haired beauty.  

“I'm sorry.” Her words barely louder than a whisper, and at first she wasn't sure if he had heard her  “It's just... no one ever sits there.” That made the man chuckle, his mind was thinking back to the last month.

He looked at her brown eyes, they were breathtaking to him, he had to stop himself from staring into them.  “Are you so sure?” He deep voice rang in the air. “This has been my seat for over a month.  I have been sitting here, you just never notice.” He pointed out to the shocked woman.

Her voice louder this time, “Are you sure?” Slipped passed her lips and without even thinking, her hand came up to cover her full lips.  To his disappointment, he wish she never covered them for he was thinking of covering them with his own.

His black eyes gazing at her with curiosity, “I am sure.” Naomi never knew a voice from a man could do such things to her body. She had to keep from shaking all due to his deep manly voice.  A blush came to her face, thinking of what his hands could make her body do.  Shaking those thoughts away, overcome with embarrassment from the ideas that had popped in her mind, she forgot what she was going to say.

She just nodded to the man that she thought was a god.  Her eyes turned back to her book, in his mind he was wishing she would turn them to him.  Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw her smiling. It made her face light up, and for some reason that made him smile too. He didn't know this goddess or who she was.  All he saw was a woman with so much pain behind her eyes he was sure he felt it also; but the smile on her face showed him how much of a fighter this beautiful woman is.

The whole time the two people tried to pretend that the other was not a few feet away.  Finding it almost impossible, Naomi got up and took her bag. Throwing her book in even though she didn't even make it to the next page. Her mind was on the Greek god that was just in arms reach, but at the same time so far away. She debated in her mind deciding if she wanted to say something, before her little battle could go on any longer. He spoke, “Going already?” Unable to still form words, she nodded.

Growing a little frustrated, he stood and walked over to her sticking his hand out. “My name is Sebastian, yours?” His hand was waiting for hers to fill it. With much difficulty her trembling hand met his.

Her voice was shaky and Sebastian didn't miss that.  “N-Naomi.” With that, the black hair beauty rushed out the shop and to her house. After getting home and being able to calm her heart down, she looked back on the morning. Back on the man that look as if angels had made him then dropped him from heaven.  Her mind raced with thoughts but one stood out, “Sebastian.” She whispered to the empty house.