Chapter 14: Fixing Loose Ends

Morning Coffee

Fixing Loose Ends

Naomi walked out of her room, her bare feet hitting the cold tiled floor. She stopped short before reaching her living room, she heard something. She pulled out her gun and stood next to the was looking over into the next room she saw who was here. “Naomi.” His brown eyes stared into her matching color eyes, “Why don’t you come out here?”

Naomi did, she walked into the living room and stared at the brown hair and brown eyed man. “Why are you?”

The man smiled at her, “My name is Haden. How about you put your gun away?” His eyes fell on her shining blue gun that laid in her hands with her finger on the trigger.

Naomi sat down across from him, “You know sneaking in someones house, it consider creepy. So no I think I’ll keep it out with my fingers ready. Now what are you doing here?”

He sat up on her old couch, where last night she sat with a tub of ben and jerrys while she cried her eyes out. “Well I heard you might need my help, with a man named Dean?”

Naomi stared at him, she stood and pointed the gun to his face. “I don’t need your help.”

The man smirked, “Are you sure?” Naomi didn’t even notice it before, but next to him was a metal box…. Her metal box. She watched as he took out picture after picture, of her. “I am sure you wouldn't want these to get out.”

Naomi didn’t lower her gun, “You don’t get it. I don’t care. I am a killer I do what is needed, and right now what I see needs to be done. Is killing you and Dean.”

The man stiffen, this was not going as he planed. He kept his lips sealed, and reached in, he pulled out a picture of Julia’s head in his brothers hands. “Are you sure you don’t need my help?”

Naomi’s eyes flickered to the picture, she didn’t do anything. She knew Julia got what she deserved, though her heart hurt badly for her lost friend. She refused to let it make her weak, in fact it made her strong. She was going to get her revenge, and she didn’t need anyones help.She stared at the man in front of her, “How did you get those? I know for a fact that they were hidden here, in my house.”

His lips pulled up into a smile, “I have my ways.”

Naomi nodded, “Well then thank you.”

Naomi watched as the man tilted his head in confusion. “What do you mean?”

Naomi smiled as him, “You gave them back to me.” Haden narrowed his eyes at her, “Now you can go.” She cocked the gun and put her finger right over the trigger. “I have no use for you.”

Haden did what he was told, how stupid of him. He didn’t bring any guards he didn’t make copies of the pictures. He fucked up, he was so cocky he thought she would just fall into his arms. That was not the case. Haden stormed out of the building and into his black car, looking back at Naomi who was standing in the doorway with her gun still raised. He just drove off.  

Naomi sighed letting out the breath she didn’t know she was holding. Walking back up to her apartment. She stood at the metal box and picked up all the pictures, with Julia’s head on the top. She went to her stove and turned the fire on, watching it flicker with the air that was around it. Taking her pictures she burned every single one, along with all the documents in the box. She stopped herself when she went to put Julia’s picture in the fire. For some reason she couldn’t, but what went through her mind made her freeze.

Julia’s words went through her mind. Julia’s eyes and face went cold, “You don’t have to worry about her anymore. She is relevant, you should worry about yourself.” “She is gone.” “I guess we both had blood on our hands.” The words played over and over in Naomi’s mind.