Chapter 8: Childhood Memories, and Dreams

Morning Coffee

Childhood Memories, and Dreams

 As Naomi sat in the car she could only think of one thing. “Sebastian, what is the journey of life?”

Sebastian’s dark eyes looked at her.  He turned back to the road, “I asked my mother that one time and she told me the answer life journey refers to the beautiful journey of life. Life of human beings is often termed as a journey which sees them grow and transform from young infants to fully grown adults. Life is a strange humdrum affair where even a few moments of peace snatched should probably be gratefully acknowledged. The journey of life is not always a bed of roses but one of thorns at times. The essence of life is much beyond playing, dreaming and merry making as there are all sorts of struggles and challenges that one has to confront and overcome in our lifetime.”

Naomi stared at the forest that they were passing, “But why, why must it be a bed of thorns why can’t it be simple and easy?”

Sebastian smiled at her, “Because then life would not be doing it’s job. It begins at birth and the ultimate destination is and will always be death.”

Naomi didn’t respond to the man, “I guess you're right. Where are we going?”

Sebastian flashed her one of his true rare smiles, “That my beauty is a secret just wait and see.”

Naomi didn’t question him anymore, and just sat back in the chair. The whole ride was in conformable silence, but after 35 minutes of non stop driving Naomi was getting bored. “So where are we going?”

Sebastian chuckled, “You really are impatient. Hmm, well lets see, we are going…”

Naomi looked up at him hopefully, Sebastian stopped. “That look you're making is so cute, I almost want to tell you the truth.” Naomi smiled at him, “Almost. Anyways were almost there baby girl. Just hold on tight for a little longer.”  

Naomi frowned at the man, and turned to look out the window again. She reached out towards the radio and soon music filled the car. It was the perfect song.

(Oh, babe) I don't wanna lie,” Naomi sang out loud forgetting where she was, she heard a chuckle next to her and her brown eyes looked into Sebastians ink black ones.

Sebastian smiled, “Please don’t stop you have such a beautiful voice.” His eyes went back to the road and waited.

“I'm gonna take what you're giving.” Naomi smiled and kept going. “'Cause I know you're willing, To take me all the way...you got me right here. Combustible. And I can't wait to finally explode.” What happened next made Naomi eyes widened.

“The big big bang, the reason I'm alive, When all the stars collide, in this universe inside. The big big bang [x3]” Sebastian’s deep voice rang out and made Naomi burst out laughing at his face.

Sebastian looked at her, “What I have a good voice, I mean I know I don’t sound like Michael Jackson but I don’t sound like a dying whale either.”

Naomi ignored him and and this time they both busted out singing. “The big big bang, the reason I'm alive, When all the stars collide, in this universe inside. The big big bang [x3]” Sebastian stopped at a red light and keep singing, they were both so into the song they didn’t even notice the people walking by laughing and smiling with them.

When Naomi notice the boys singing with her, she stopped, making Sebastian laugh at her. The car pulled past them and the boy yelled bye. “On god that was embarrassing.”

Sebastian laughed, “Hmm. We have a little ways to go, how about we play 20 questions?”

Naomi looked at him, “Are we really going to do only 20 though?”