Chapter 9: Dean

Morning Coffee

Dean

We’re all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn’t. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.

- Unknown

Julia stood in Naomi’s apartment, her mind and heart conflicting with themselves. Does she hand in the box, or does she hide it back where she had found it? Keeping all these years with Naomi safe. No, Julia looked up and her reflection greeted her, “I have a job to do.” She told herself, she was not going to let her feelings run her life.

That was not in the mission.

Julia slipped the metal box into her bag, walked around the Naomi’s home making sure everything was as it was before she came. She took her bag and walked out, locking the door back and closing it. She took a deep breath in and stood tall, walking down the stairs Julia could not do anything more than just listen to her heels click as she walked to her destination.

Julia looked around the dark room, was only adding to her conflicting feelings. “Ahh, Julia, my little Bee. What do you have for me?” Julia turned around and looked at the tall, intimidating man that seem to take up most of the room with just his presence.

Julia didn’t say anything, she hated the man with all her body and soul. She wanted nothing more than to take out her gun and put a round of lead through that ego filled head of his. Her hands reached into her bag, and took out the metal box, without saying a word she walked over to him and gently put it on his desk. “This.” She watched as the man leaned up in his chair and took it in his large hands. Popping it open Julia watched as he, looked at the items in the box and smiled. “Good girl. You have done well my sweet heart.” He dropped the box back onto the desk and leaned back. His dull brown eyes looked Julia up and down, and smiled. “Come here doll.”

Julia did as she was told, went to stand in front of the man, he took her hand and smiled. “I have to go.”

Julia went to walk away, and the man got angry. He pulled her back and grabbed her face in his hand, squeezing it hard. “You will do as you're told Bee.” Julia locked eyes with the brown eyed man and said nothing.

Naomi walked over to the deck, Sebastian had brought her to his other house. It was made of almost all glass, and was breathing taking. The beach was just out the back door, his house was the only one for miles. Naomi looked down the beach about a couple miles away Naomi could make out the colors of the carnival, she hurried and got dressed, Sebastian was waiting for her. He wanted to take her there and she was more than happy to comply.

She walked back to Sebastian, he was wearing a tight grey shirt, and light blue jeans. Naomi watched him as he sat on the stairs with his bag next to him and a coat in his hand. He was waiting for her, and she smiled. Her eyes looked up from his body to meet his dark black eyes, she smirked not even hiding the fact that she was checking him out. He stood and Naomi walked down the stairs, she had chosen a simple light blue dress with flats. “Are you ready?”

Naomi nodded to the man, and took his hand. Sebastian looked at her, “Do you wish to drive, or bike?”

Naomi looked around, “bike.”

Sebastian smiled, “As you wish. It’s won’t take that long to get there.” Sebastian opened up his garage and took out two bikes. “Ready?”

Naomi hopped on and took down the path, looking back she smiled at him, “Coming slow poke?”

Naomi heard Sebastian deep chuckle, and that sound sent shivers down her body. She looked to her right to see that he had caught up with her, “You can’t get away from me that easy baby.”