|9|

|9| Lyla Pembroke |

If he thinks I'm just going to put on the clothes and play a doll in his completely misogynistic dollhouse, he's mad.

"Angel-" As he looks around for me I take a deep breath before living up the small wooden tray and smashing it against the back of his head. He groans as he falls down onto the floor. He grips the back of his head as he even groans louder.

I drop the tray and realize that I'm freezing. I can't freak out right now. I step over his body before moving out of the room and closing the door behind me. I then run as best as I can down the hallway looking for an exit. I find what seems to be the front door. I slide back the little latch but run into a problem when I see the lock.

It needs a key that I don't have. I need to hurry but I keep running into the same problem with the one by the kitchen. My mind is racing with thoughts and it frustrates me even more.

I run into the living room and notice a window to the right. I try to open it but it doesn't budge one bit. There's another latch and lock. "Shît," I curse before getting an idea. In the corner of my eye is a lamp.

"Angel!" I hear his voice from the bedroom and assume that he's recovered from his head injury. I hurry to unplug and grab it. I then throw it at the window and it shatters. I use the lamp shade to clear out some of the glass before I step through the window. As I look I from the other side I see him turn the corner down the hallway. As soon as our eyes connect I take off.

I run through the grass barefoot and with a limp around the house. The whole area is covered by a white picket fence which is covered in vines and weeds. You can't even see to the other side. I search for a gate of some sort and I find one in the front of a house. A stone path leads from the front door right to it. I start to scream for help knowing it's useless to try to stay quiet.

As I lift up the handle arms wrap around my torso and a hand is placed over my mouth. "Lyla stop!" Immediately I kick and bite his hand. I roughly pull my arm back as I elbow him in the gut. He lets go of me and we both loose our balance.

I find myself trying to get up from the grass as a hand wraps around my ankle. I continue to scream even though my voice goes hoarse. "No one can hear you," he chuckles menacingly as he goes to grab on of my arms and picks me up and sets me onto my feet. He manages to pull me along by my wrist despite my efforts of resistance.

He brings me through the yard until we're in the back of the house. There's a set of doors built into the ground.

A cellar.

He holds one of my wrist as he opens the metal doors. They lead down to a pair of stairs and he attempts to pull me down them. "N-Niall, what are you doing?" He roughly pulls me down the stairs. It's dark down there and holds a familiar mildewy smell. This is where I woke. This is where he killed Kate.

"Niall please don't." He pushes me into the cold cement wall as he tightly grips my wrist.

"I get it, I get that you're still learning but behavior like that is unacceptable. I've taken care of you, fed you, tended to your wounds, bought you nice things all in a day but you aren't even grateful." He runs his hands through my hair and down my tear stained face.

"Niall please-" he ignores me as he grabs ahold of a chain connect to the wall a little right of me. He roughly turns me around and hold my arms behind my back. I feel the cold metal chain wrap around my wrist and then a quick locking sound.

"I think a week of isolation could help become more grateful and learn some respect Lyla."

"A week? A week!" He begins to walk away towards the door. I desperately pull on my restraints as the chains rattle. "Niall, I'm sorry! Do not leave me in here!"