|39|

[This chapter is sort of confusing but please bear with me]

|39| Lyla Pembroke |

I made my way to the kitchen to pick up the home phone. I dialed Harry's number in a hurry. "Niall?" I heard Harry's voice gruff morning voice. The clock above the over read 4:30 a.m.

"It's Lyla." I respond.

"Lyla? You're not supposed to use the phone-"

"Don't you think I know that?" I snap. I was clearly not in the mood for people to be telling me what to do. "I think my water just broke. I want to talk to Olivia!" Harry doesn't say anything after that and I assume he gives the phone to Olivia. "Olivia-"

"Oh my goodness gracious, it's happening, isn't it?" I can hear her hyperventilating more than I am. "Are you sure you're not just peeing?"

"Positive." I stress as I roll my eyes.

"Where's Niall? What is he doing?"

"I have no clue." I answer honestly. I really just wanted some sort of reassurance. "Just tell me what I should do."

"Okay, good. I know it's early but you need to find a way to relax. Relaxing will help induce the labor naturally. Harry and I will be there in a few hours, okay?

"Okay." I respond taking a deep breath.

"You and the baby will be fine, okay?"

"Okay."

***

"You're covered in blood?" Olivia's voice broke into my clouded thoughts. I was sweating and my contractions were so close. I could faintly see who she was talking to, Niall.

"Don't worry about me, make sure she's all right." I felt him kneel beside me and grab my hand. I squeezed his hand tightly as the pain came over me. There was no epidural or anything. I was feeling all of it and I didn't want to. The breathing and being able

"Okay I need you to start pushing Lyla...." The pain was the worse I ever felt which
made me want to give up. Giving wasn't an option so I had to push through it, literally. It only took two huge pushes before I was hearing the crying. I thought I'd be able to breathe again as I watched Olivia pull out the bloody and squirming little body.

I wanted to lay eyes on our baby. I felt a soft kiss on my forehead and Niall's hand leave mines as he rushed to take the baby from Olivia. My lips were tugging into a smile right when I felt another huge pain. "Something's wrong Niall! Take the baby." The room started to spin and all I wanted to do is to sleep and it all be over. "Lyla, Lyla!"

ten hours later...

After going in and out of consciousness for hours I finally fully open my eyes. I see the familiar ceiling of our bedroom. For a moment it brought me back to the nights I couldn't find sleep and too much was on my mind.

I hear a cry, one that will be hearing for a while. Im the sorest I've ever been and only a thin dress is draped over my body as I lay under the sheets. As I wipe my eyes the door to the bedroom slowly opens and Olivia steps in cradling the baby in her arms.

The realization that I've haven't got to hold my own child comes over me and I whimper as I reach out. "Lyla, you can properly meet Callum now." Olivia smiles as she places the baby in my arms.

I gasp, "He's so precious," I watch as the newborn cutely yawns. "Oh, he's so precious."

"There's another surprise Angel," I don't want to look up from Callum but Niall's voice breaks into my thoughts. I look towards the door and my right hand covers my mouth as I gasp. "Another angel for my little piece of heaven, Grace."

Soon I was holding two of my children. No more words escaped my mouth as Niall smiles down at me and I smile down at Callum and Grace.