|11|

|11| Lyla Pembroke |

"Quiet, don't talk angel." He hushes me. Before Niall, I didn't know pain. Now I'm growing accustomed to it. He thinks he's helping me but truly he's only breaking me down.

Hope fills me when I see the water bottle that he's holding. Instinctively I try to reach for it but I'm still restrained. He opens the bottle and puts it against my lips. I drink the cool water as he tips the bottle. It feels like heaven on my tongue.

I groan when he takes the water away. "Please, more." I beg as my voice slowly returns.

"I've missed you lots Lyla. It's l-louder without you and much lonelier at home." He says sincerely as he kneels down beside me. He starts to re-bandage the one around my foot. I didn't understand what he meant by louder but then again I didn't understand most of the things he did.

"That feeling you get, that's how I feel-"

"Y-You do?" He ask interrupting me.

"About my family back home in Doncaster and my boyfriend Louis. I bet they have that feeling too because they miss me. You can help me Niall..."

"I-I can't-"

"You can, you really can."

"I can't!" He shouts sternly and I flinch. "I'll miss you too much Angel. Everything is better when you're with me, I know that I need you now Lyla." He reaches out to touch my dirty cheek.

"But what about me? What about my family?"

"I already told you, Lyla, you stupid girl!" Again, I flinch at the tone of his voice. I mentally felt broken. I hold my head down and he left it to make me look up at him. "I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry for yelling. Sometimes I don't think I-I can handle having a beautiful young woman like you."

A small smile forms on his face and I figure it's time to plead about the necessities he's taking away from me. "Can you take me inside? To bathe and, you know, use a proper toilet."

His eyes don't meet mine. He's concentrating on running his fingers through my hair. I want nothing more to push him off of me but I can't because my hands are chained behind my back.

"You have a few more days left Angel."

"But I'm better Niall." I argue back.

"Not yet." He says simply.

"I am, I'll wear the dresses and I'll behave. I promise I will." I lie through my teeth.

He only shakes his head before standing up. That's when I notice there's another body across the dark cellar. "Who's that?"

"As far as I know, that's Rose." He answers and I sense the disgust in his voice. He had kidnapped another girl. By the look of it I could tell he wasn't interested in keeping her around like me. I wonder how many times this has happened before.

"Is she alive?"

"Not for long."

I swallow a lump in my throat. "I'm sure she didn't do anything wrong Niall just let her go before she can-"

"She's rotten, a rotten wh.ore. She doesn't deserve to live anymore." As he speaks I wonder who made him like this. Someone had to have messed him up horridly.

"Who are you to decide that?" I grit through my teeth.

"I'm just being a good person and making the world right again by getting rid of the non-pure. She, Lyla, is tainted unlike you."

That night I watch him kill another innocent girl. I relive Kate and Rose's deaths over and over again. I find sleep on an empty stomach and with nightmares.