|30|

|30| Niall Horan |

It was a struggle getting her to realize that we were meant to be. I almost lost hope for us here and there but then I just looked to God again. He has a plan for me and that include the love of my life, Lyla Marie.

She was nervous about the wedding as was I. Probably even more. I had a bit of hangover from staying out with the boys last night but it got me through the day before blues. Now it was the day of my wedding and I was standing at the alter besides the my brother Greg, who'll consolidate the wedding and Harry.

I've seen her dress but I haven't seen her in it and I'm more than excited too. The backyard had been set up for the ceremony. It looked beautiful, of course, because Olivia arranged it all. Usually a Catholic wedding would be conducted in a church but I thought it would be best if we did it here.

I think my heart melted when I saw her for the first time. My heart began to beat fast and my palms were sweating as the violins began to play. There she is, my beautiful Lyla. The girl who's breaking down my walls and I don't even mind. I want to change just for her. Olivia was on her arm and little Ben walked in front of her down the isle.

Before I knew it she was right in front of me in all her beauty as I lifted the veil from her face. An extremely nervous smile remains on my face throughout the Greg's speech and the rite of marriage. "Niall and Lyla, have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in marriage?"

"Yes." I answer right away and wait for Lyla to answer. We went over a lot of times.

"...Yes."

"Will you love and honor each other as man and wife for the rest of your lives?" Greg asks next.

"Yes."

"...Yes."

"Will you accept children lovingly from God and bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?" He asks the final question of the rite of marriage.

"Yes."

"...Y-Yes."

"I understand that their our vows to exchange."

Lyla looks at me worriedly. "I-I didn't write any. I didn't know-" I only smile at her to reassure her that it's okay. I take the note cards out of my pants pocket.

"It's okay...I-I want to share how I feel...Lyla Marie, my beautiful Ray of Sunshine and Angel from above. I'm amazed everyday that I'm graced my your presence. When I met you I knew that you were special but I never knew that you'd change my life forever. I never want to be without your warm personality and loving qualities. You know I'll be, your life, your voice, your reason to be as you are my reason to go on each day. I love you Lyla Marie."

I can see her tear up which makes me think she's moved by my vows.

He moves on to the consent only furthering our commitment we're making to each other. "Since it is your intention to enter into marriage, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church." I take Lyla's smaller hands into mine as I look deeply into her eyes. I can't really tell what she's thinking inside but maybe that lack of emotion is there because she's nervous.

My brother asks, "Niall do you take Lyla to be your wife? Do you promise to be true to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and honor her all the days of your life?"

I nod my head as I look into her mesmerizing eyes almost forgetting to say, "I do."

He then asks Lyla, "Lyla do you take Niall to be your husband? Do you promise to be true to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and honor him all the days of your life?"

I watch her lips as she finally says, "I do." I want to kiss them so bad.

"You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. What God has joined, men must not divide," The small audience says an amen. "Niall, you may now kiss your bride."

I lean closer, place a hand on her cheek and capture her lips. I was sure this was the best moment of my life.

(A/N: this chapter was sort of boring, sorry. I don't know much about wedding especially catholic ones so don't judge me please. I left the extra boring stuff out)