|34|

|34| Niall Horan |

1 month later...

I wish our honeymoon never ended but it's kind of like it hasn't. Work is the only thing that makes life a drag these days. Driving around London for eight hours straight isn't exactly a fun job. Lyla is the only reason I can get out of bed anymore because I know she's laying right beside me. I couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather be with.

I find her in the den lounging when I get back home. Her eyes are fixed on the television as I walk behind the couch. I lean down to peck her cheek and I watch the blush rise to her cheeks. I come around to the other side as she stands up. I can't resist her, ever since that night on our honeymoon I never knew I could feel so much...satisfaction. It's love, it has to be.

I kiss her deeply though she doesn't expect so much affection. I don't want her to ever feel like I can show her the affection she craves. "Did you have a good day?" She asks genuinely noticing my bright mood.

I nod, "Well, I am now, " I grab her hands, sit on the couch and pull her body into my lap. "What did you do today my delicate angel?"

"Uhm...I spent a bit of time tidying our room then I made myself lunch and spent the rest of the evening watching the telly and reading the cookbook," I watch her lips as she speaks. Her cute face scrunches up when she emphasizes her words. "I was hoping we could go outside and do that planting you talked about before. It would be nice if we had our own natural ingredients, don't you think Niall?"

I think it over in my head for a second, "After dinner we'll go out and decide where we'll put our garden." She smiled in response and I knew I made the right decision. I knew that would make her even happier for us to bring something to life like that. The thought of creating something together surged through my mind as we begin kissing again.

Heart racing, I pull a way from her soft lips. "You're late," infer. How did I not notice before? "You're really late."

She shook her head. "What? No I'm not."

"You are," I nod as I get excited about the thought of her being pregnant. "You were supposed to start your menstrual cycle on the fourteenth but now it's the twentieth."

She shook her head again in disbelief. "You've been tracking it? Niall, you're not being rational-"

I argue, "I'm not!"

"I would know!" She retorts and our moment of tempest turns into a storm. She get from my lap but I grab her wrist to keep her from walking away from me. "It's my body, I would know!"

She's very emotional, it's a classic sign. After I made the realization I set myself on a mission that nothing was going to detour me from. "Shhh...it's okay Angel. I'll run to the store and get a pregnancy test."

"Niall, please don't bother! There is no way I'm pregnant-"

I cut her off. "Don't treat me like a boy. I know how things work-"

"You don't!" She shouts back at me making me infuriated. The loudness, the dark specks in my vision start to cloud around me as a bad episode begins. I clench my fist. "Let go, please your hurting me Niall," I realize that I'm crushing her wrist and I let go. Sometimes I forget my own strength. "I...I just don't want you to be disappointed."

"H-How could I be disappointed? If we pray then God will answer! I'm going to the store, you better stay put and...a-and start praying!"