|19|

|19| Lyla Pembroke |

I contemplated everything as I stared at the tray of muffins. The tea was ready and so were the muffins. Niall hadn't return, I saw him go into the cellar. It's the perfect time to try and call. I put the muffins on a plate and brought them to the table before having a seat.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out Harry's phone. It had fifteen percent battery that I had to use wisely. Immediately I try dialing 999 on the phone. It rings once before I hear a message about service. "This cellular device is out of area code."

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I tried again using 112 and I received the same message. We couldn't be out of area code, whatever that even means. He said we were just out of Cheshire. Desperately I tried again but failed once again.

I was in tears seconds later. I wanted it to work so badly. I had so much hope in my heart and now I feel empty again.

When I heard the back door opening again I quickly stuff the phone back into my sweater pocket. I'm glad he doesn't notice what I've done when he walks inside. I just wipe my eyes and using the teapot I pour the tea into my cup. "Tea, Niall?" I ask turning my head slightly as he walks over to the table.

His clothes are a bit dirty and sweat was evident on his forehead. It makes me wonder what he was doing down in the cellar.

"Oh yes," He answers as he takes a seat at the table. I pour some into his cup too and he smiles at me. "Thank you Angel."

He takes a sip from it, starts to eat and so do I. At least I could have this small thing that reminds me of being back home in Doncaster. My mother used to make this all the time a Louis loved it too.

I miss him so much. I didn't like him at first. I just thought he was the silly class clown and that was all he'd ever be. Until we fell became best friends I found that I really didn't know him. I would kill for another moment with him.

"These are extremely good Lyla." He says after his third muffin. He sure does eat a lot.

I give him a look that says thank you and he devours two more. "Can I...Can I ask you something Niall?"

"Of course Angel." He says lovingly.

"Why did you go down into the cellar? Did you bring another girl down there?"

"N-No, I did not and you shouldn't be worrying about that. I'm sorry, I-I don't want you asking me about t-that anymore." He starts to stutter as he gets defensive.

I reach across the table and grasp onto his hand. I can actually feel him shaking. "I'm not trying to make you upset. I'm here for you Niall. I just don't want you to do that anymore for our sake. If people keep going missing then it could pull more attention to you. You don't want the police to try and take me away, do you?"

He shakes his head "no" eagerly.

I knew there was a way that I could feel a little less useless. Maybe it'll be all worth it in the end if I help him get better. In exchange for my life, I could spare a lot of others.

"I'll try...I'll try to stop. I never want to lose you Angel. I think you're my soulmate."