|14|

|14| Niall Horan |

I showed her where the place mats and silverware were. She complies with me silently. I feel her body beside me. I can barely keep my eyes off her.

She's just so pretty.

She does look magnificent in her dress but I can tell that she's lost weight. She's paler and thinner. I wanted to see the light in her again. She showed me a smile earlier but it wasn't pure.

All I wanted was for her to be real with me. I wanted her feelings to be real so I could know that she's given me a chance. I just needed a chance to make her happy.

She could be so much more to you.

She already means so much to me.

But she could me more if you make her happy. A wife and maybe the mother of your children.

She could be a Horan.

"Niall," I turn to her as I hear my angel's voice. She's sitting at the table that she's newly prepared for us. "Are you alright? You zoned out for a second."

"Yes, I'm well, sorry," I answer bringing the two bowls of soup over to the table. I sat in the chair closest to hers. I quickly grab onto her hand as she picks up her spoon. "We have to have to say grace first, Angel."

"Right, sorry." She says bashfully. I understand, it's probably because she's just so hungry.

I say grace for us and thank your lord and savior for providing this food for us. She doesn't waste any time before digging in. I chuckle to myself as I follow her lead.

"I'm guessing you like it." I say looking down at her empty bowl.

"Will there be seconds?"

I smile in response to her question. "Sure and we'll have cake for desert, how does that sound?"

In response she whispers, "Sounds good." I then take our bowls and get up from the table. Dinner is quiet and she doesn't speak much unless I ask a question. I expect the voices to come back but they don't.

Maybe she really does make a difference. Lyla is a gift from God himself. She's truly an Angel.

I bring up a conversation as she's enjoying her desert. "So, what do you like to cook Lyla?" I ask her.

"Oh, I'm more of a takeout kind of girl." She tells me not meeting my eyes.

"You must like to cook something." I persist and she looks up at me. I try to read the expression on her face. She seems a little shocked and a little frightened.

"I can cook most things, I guess. I make sweets all the time like cookies, cupcakes and pies. My mum was a pastry chef and she had her own bakery before she had to sell it." She rambles and I watch her lips as she speaks. God, her voice was so beautiful.

"Why did she sell it?" I ask out of curiosity.

"To...To pay for all my University funds."

She doesn't need University or a fancy job or even a lousy boyfriend. She had me. I'll provide for us, take care of her and keep her company.

I'm all she needs.