38

Elizabeth was woken at the mild headache she still had, and she sighed. She opened her eyes, and was staring at a ceiling she hadn't recognized.

She shot up, and looked around before she looked down at herself. Her skin was dry, but her clothes were missing.

Instead, she wore a tank-top that was big on her, covering her thighs. She closed her eyes and breathed in the smell, realizing it was Derek's cologne.
She stood to her feet, and looked around. She was in an abandoned train, looking at what was left behind.

"How are you feeling?"
She jumped as Derek appeared from the darkness behind her, and she blinked.
"I feel fine." She answered. "Where are my clothes?"
"Drying." He answered. She could see his eyes examining her appearance, but she felt comfortable.

She sat on a stair case as Derek stood there. "Why did you bring me here?"
"Because I don't trust those two idiots watching over you." He answered flatly.
She looked down at the tank-top. "You picked the most revealing thing."
"Not my fault you're not my size."

She hugged her knees to her chest. "You're still an asshole."
"I saved your life, you're welcome." Derek said, his tone nowhere near angry.
"Give me my clothes back." She said, standing.

Derek sighed. "Elizabeth - "
"Derek." She interrupted.
Derek said nothing as he grabbed her uniform as it hung over a box, and he threw it to her.

"Turn away." She said, swallowing.
Derek's mouth twitched as he smiled halfly. "Who do you think put that on you?"

She bit her lip shyly as Derek said nothing. She turned her back to him, lifting the tank-top over her head.

She quickly pulled on the uniform, turning back to Derek, who sat on the steps.
She sat down beside him. "What was that?"
"I don't know." He answered. "Whatever it was, it didn't know who it was or what it looked like."

Elizabeth rubbed her temples, sighing. "I need to leave."
She stopped as she heard shuffling, and Erica and Isaac stumbled in as they dragged Jackson with them.

She rose a brow.

"What happened to you on the night of the full moon?" Derek suddenly asked.
"Nothing. Nothing happened."
Elizabeth looked at Derek as he tilted his head up to look at Jackson.
"You're lying."

Elizabeth swallowed as Derek picked up a glove. "Wait I can prove it. I taped myself."
Derek smiled as he looked back down at the glove, and Isaac let out a faint laugh. "You taped yourself?"
"You want proof? Let me get the video."
"No." Derek said, holding a piece of glass. "I have a better idea."

"What is that?"
He grunted as they shoved him to his knees, and Elizabeth felt her stomach twist in knots as Derek stood to his feet.
"You know Jackson, you've always been kind of a snake. and everyone knows. A snake can't be poisoned by it's own venom."

Holding Jackson's mouth open, a clear lining of thick ooze dropped onto his tongue. Choking, he fell over, becoming still.
Derek sighed, stepping towards him again. "You're still a snake Jackson. Just not the one we're looking for."

Elizabeth followed Derek, and she looked at the time on her almost dead phone. "I need you to take me to school."

Elizabeth was at her locker when she watched Erica and Isaac walk by, smirking at her. She rolled her eyes and shoved her books away, shutting it behind her.

As the bell rang, Jackson covered his ears, and Elizabeth sighed. "Jackson?"
He turned to see her, swallowing. "What the hell is a Kanima?"
Her brows furrowed. "A what?"

He pushed past her, and stormed off towards his class.

Elizabeth sat in her History class when the teacher passed out Senior sheets. She let out a shaky breath.

She graduated soon.

She thought of the day she ordered the red and white cap and gown, and how fast the date was coming up.
She'd be out of this hell hole for good.
One of the hell holes, anyway. Living in a supernatural state was in first place.

Elizabeth with met Allison, Scott and Stiles as Scott swallowed. "Derek's outside waiting for Lydia."
"What? Why?" Elizabeth asked.
"Because Derek thinks Lydia's the Kanima." Stiles replied.
"Waiting to kill her?" Allison asked.
"If he thinks she's the Kanima then yes. Especially what happened at the pool."

"It's not her." Stiles said.
"This doesn't make any sense." Elizabeth said. "Lydia's been acting weird, but really. Is it seriously her?"
"It can't be her."
"It doesn't matter because Derek thinks it's her. So we can either convince him that he's wrong or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

"I can't see him doing anything here." Elizabeth said. "What about after school?"
"But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it." Scott said.
"What do you mean?" Allison asked.
"You can't heal like I do."

Allison and Elizabeth looked at each other before opening their bags. Allison pulled out her cross bow, and Elizabeth picked up her gun.

"I can protect myself."