Chapter 1:

I've finished chapter 3 so we're on track, enjoy this chapter :)

.-.-.-.

"You're my reincarnate." That sentence was still running through my mind, on a never ending loop that no matter how hard I tried to push it away it wouldn't go anywhere.

It was a never ending whisper of Jordena's words crashing through my thoughts. George was no longer the only one after me. There were others that were trying to hurt me for what I had and I knew nothing about them.

Ryder knew nothing about them.

Taking a deep breathe, I looked deep inside of me. Apparently I had a wolf, a strong wolf that could rival even Ryder's. She was buried deep inside me and would only appear with a strong emotion. Ryder had believed that I wouldn't shift because it would harm the pup, but that didn't mean I would start to feel her more strongly. 

The thing that got me the most was what I was. Human just seemed like the wrong word. My whole life suddenly felt like a lie. If the wolf in me was dormant, it made me human but if she surfaced it all changed.

What if my parents were werewolves and if they were, what promoted them to give me away. Ryder had said that werewolves were so close knit that they couldn't have suddenly stopped caring for me. I would have had a place amongst other wolves.

If I had a wolf why didn't they.

If Letty knew that I had a wolf she would have been able to bring me back to Caldera with her and I would have met Ryder earlier. I wouldn't have gone through what I did.

I would have been safe.

It was all just if, if, if.

Breathing deeply through a sudden bout of nausea, my thoughts move to the mini version of Ryder and I that was growing inside of me. Someone I hadn't even met yet and I was ready to sacrifice everything to make sure it would be happy and healthy, even if it was taking a strong physical toll on my body.

I'd never been so scared in my life. The idea of getting pregnant and being pregnant and eventually having another life that I had to care for was one of the worst things I could imagine. I didn't think I would be able to do it, everybody who knew of my fears told me when the time came none of it would matter and they were right.

My child and family mattered.

The dream I had the other night pulled me from sleep. I felt like I was still there. My chest was heavy and my fingers cramped with how tightly I rubbed my wrists trying to get the pressure relieved.

Ryder sensed my distress and wound his arms around me, pulling me back down to lie beside him. His fingers tickled through my hair as he reassured me that our pup was fine, perfectly nestled in safety between our bodies.

He gently hushed me as I cried myself to sleep at the idea of losing something already so dear. His hands tried to steady the small shakes he had as he moved them gently over my back, trying to comfort me.

Since then he had been more protective of me and my hands somehow always managed to fold over the bump that had grown more defined since the horrid dream two weeks ago. Riley had estimated that I was almost fifteen weeks along by a normal human pregnancy and the nausea was wreaking havoc on my body.

Water slowly trickled into the fountain, the clear liquid had been tinted to a beautiful azure by the mosaic tiles. Red rose petals floated across the surface, rippling the water as I gently placed more onto the icy surface.