Chapter 9:

Sorry if this is shit I was going through a lot of shit while writing it. But I forget to mention that 'The kings mate' has a million reads and i want to thank you all so much.

Enjoy, H xx

.-.-.-.

"Are you sure you're allowed to be doing this." Reynolds asked from my side as his eyes skirted around the large wall that surrounded 'the king's' private courtyard.

"Ryder said I was allowed to come down here as long as I had you with me."

Reynolds was less than a foot away from me with Charlie, Cyrus and Theo all further back behind me. The only way Ryder allowed me outside however was because of the twenty guards that surrounded the outside perimeter of the wall ready to attack and then there were also the four wolves that were perched on top of the wall with large silver tipped spear guns in their hands. Ryder was a little paranoid, but I couldn't blame him.

Reynolds rolled his eyes as he looked down at me. "I know that. Unless he's beside you, I am. He's the most protective mate I've ever seen which is why I don't think he'll like you practising your archery while you're pregnant."

Rolling my eyes at him I turned back to look at the target, lifting the bow back up and taking aim. "Well you are welcome to tell him if you want to."

"Lottie, what has gotten in to you?" He asked, his voice lowering as his eyes quickly flicked back to look at the others behind him.

"Ryder has, I wouldn't be pregnant if he hadn't been."

Reynolds winced at my words. "Thanks for the visual." I chuckled lightly as he exhaled out deeply. "You know that's not what I meant. You've been weird and quiet the last few days since you felt the pup kick. You don't seem yourself."

My fingers twitched around the taunt string of the bow. It faltered under my hold and the arrow shot forward landing way off the mark of the target and into the ground a few meters to the side of it causing a guard to jump out of the way after narrowly being missed.

"Unless you were aiming for Nate then you just proved my point, you haven't missed since you first started." Reynolds voice was lost as he eyed the guard that turned back to look at me.

"I'm sorry." I yelled over to the young guard.

His expression quickly changed from annoyance to shock as he realised I was the one that nearly hit him. "That's alright my queen."

"Lottie," Reynolds called my attention back to him. "Tal-"

Reynolds sentence was cut off as he looked away from me and up towards the castle. I assumed that he was mind linking someone and I drew another bow.

"Ryder wants to talk to you in his office."

My fingers were much steadier now as I released the bow, the arrow landing in the centre of the target. "Why didn't he mindlink me?"

"He likes Nate, he didn't want you to accidently kill him." Reynolds turned away from me and started towards the castle.

Dropping the bow down, I followed after him into the castle and to Ryder's office. Ryder was speaking in a rushed Jordenian over the phone, the back of his chair facing towards us. There were two generals in the room already and they turned to look at us as we entered, one of them pulling a chair out in front of Ryder's desk for me.

Offering a gentle smile to the general I slowly lowered myself down into the seat. More people in the castle knew that I was pregnant now but Ryder was still very protective of it and the news was kept amongst a small group of Ryder's highest ranked men.