Chapter 2:

Warning of self harm in this chapter.

.-.-.-.

"You're not coming down with me." Ryder growled lightly as he pulled a fresh shirt over his head. Drops of water fell from his hair onto the white material making it transparent over his strong muscles.

Sitting on the ottoman that faced our wardrobe I watched him carefully as I dried my hair. I knew our morning in the shower together was him trying to distract me from what he was going to do today but I didn't want to be left alone after the night before.

"I mean it Lottie." He says after sensing my eyes glowering into his back. Finally he turned around to face me and I noticed that only a few of the buttons were done up leaving most of his chest displayed to me.

Slowly he walked over to me, leaning down as he placed his hands on both sides of my hips. Nuzzling his nose against mine I gladly accept his lips as he moved them down to press against mine. He was attempting to distract me but I wasn't going to let him.

"You were going to meet Heidi for lunch remember." His voice was deceiving as he pulled back and rested his forehead against mine.

Smiling I hooked my fingers through the belt loops of his dress pants, pulling him closer to me. "I do remember and it's not for another couple of hours so I'm free till then."

Closing his eyes, he gently shakes his head. "I really don't want you down there Lottie. They tried to kill you."

"I want to see them." I whisper back to him.

Ryder wasn't comfortable with me going down to the cells but I had to see the rebels they had captured. I felt that if I saw them I could get some closure of everything that happened that day, giving me one less thing to worry about.

"You don't take one step away from me or Cole. Got it?" His voice was serious and I knew that doing what he said was the only way that I was going to be able to go with him.

Tilting my head back I pressed a quick kiss to his lips. "Got it your majesty." I said slowly as I smirked up at him.

Ryder groaned and stepped in closer to me so I could feel what had just grown in his pants. "You smell of hormones. Very delicious hormones and then you tease me with that." He leans forward over me so I'm forced to lie back on the ottoman with him over me. "We don't have time for it though."

"Then get off me." Pressing my hands to his chest I pushed him back. "Your after shave is making me want to throw up."

Shaking his head he stands back up and pulling me to my feet with him. "You're a tease my queen. Now get dressed if you want to come." When his hand connected with my bum in a sharp slap that sent tingles down my legs, I sent him a glare but he just chuckled.

Cole eyed me carefully as I walked out of the room with my hand wrapped around Ryder's. He didn't say anything though and stepped in closer to me as well. I sensed that he wasn't happy about me joining them but he already knew to keep close to me.

When we finally got to the lower floor, standing at the door that leads to the basement, I freeze. Ryder looks over at me and nods at the guards, dismissing them for a few seconds so he can talk to me alone. Shaking my head I tighten my hand around his and nod towards the door, informing him that I'm fine.

Ryder tried to step closer to me but I shook my head again and covered my nose. "I'll stop wearing it. Remember stay close to me or Cole." Nodding my head at him I looked back at Cole and he gives me a reassuring smile as he follows closely.