Chapter 3:

First sorry for updating so late. Second sorry if it isn't edited properly I was watching game of thrones and I am quite proud of myself because I was right on who Jon Snow'smother is. Yay. Anyway here you go.

.-.-.-.

Ryder was pacing across his office floor as Eleanor checked my blood pressure amongst other things. His arms were crossed over his chest pushing up the muscles in his biceps and making the soft material of his white shirt bunch around them.

His eyes were zoned out and his jaw worked slightly. He was mind-linking with someone. Both El and I could see it. He was emitting strong waves of anger and though it didn't affect me, El shifted nervously in her seat as she worked as quickly as possible.

Ryder seemed hesitant when I had walked into his office. Usually the tests were done up in our room and this was the first time that he had me bought down here. He had understood that I wasn't exactly comfortable with Riley again yet and thought that I would feel more comfortable with Eleanor and in a different environment.

My eyes followed him from one side of the room to the other as the material band around my arm expanded. His thoughts were closed off to me and it was only rare that he ever did that. It was also rare that I ever tried to see what he was thinking but he left his thoughts wide open and I could always sense what he was thinking even if I didn't want to.

He seemed to sense when Eleanor was finished because he stopped wearing the tracks into the heavy wood floor. Turning he locked his eyes on the equipment as El set it back into her bag, the muscles in his face tensing further.

"Nothing been bothering you?" She started as she awkwardly leaned away from Ryder. "No nausea, dizziness, feeling more fatigued. Nothing like that."

"Nothing like that, hormonal at most. I'm fine." She gave me a fleeting smile in acknowledgement, knowing exactly what I was talking about. It only lasted a second though. "Are you fine?"

For another quick second her hands freeze but she quickly shakes it off. "You know Cole is pretty brooding himself, but that," She gestured toward a glowering Ryder but kept her eyes on me. "He's on a whole other level. Think that's just male's when their mates get pregnant however."

Ryder growled lightly as I chuckled at her words. "Is she okay?" his voice was low, making Eleanor shiver but she recovered quickly.

"She's fine. Temperature is up a little but nothing to worry about." Standing she pulled her bag over her shoulder. "Keep an eye on it. If you start feeling it, call me." She smiled at me before she walked out the door.