Kirby and the Monstrous Lightning (Kirby fanfic)

Hi. I'm a Waddle Dee. A girl Waddle Dee, to be specific. And the only girl Waddle Dee, as far as I know. I don't have a name, really. I'm known by some as Kirby Dee, Super Dee, or sometimes just Sakura Dee, or by my friends as just Sakura. (That one's my favorite.)

How am I writing this, you ask? How does a Waddle Dee have this high a level of intelligence? Well, for one, we are actually a quite intelligent race, even if we can't talk to you guys. We're telepathic, for one thing, (but only with each other,) and we are very talented household servants. (As Dedede has demonstrated quite well.) But we can't write or read, because Dedede won't let us learn.

So we all follow that rule. All except for me, and I only got to break it because of the extraordinary events that happened in my life.

This is my story. It might not have the happiest ending, it might not be perfect, but it's the truth. And it's your choice whether or not to read it.

But I hope you do.

Author's note:

Hey, just wanted to say something.

First of all, thanks to the amazing Galaxy_Artemis for the awesome picture on the cover! Please check out her stories/ give her a follow!!!

Next, this story is taking place a few years after the final battle against Nightmare, so Dreamland's been at peace for awhile. Just to tell you where in the timeline it falls.

Also, it takes place in an universe parallel to the one the anime/games happen in, so a few things are different. Such as, Meta Knight's eyes turn a light green when amused, instead of pink. Also, because of really complicated time system that exists within the story (it's explained over time!) Meta Knight's a lot younger than he seems to be in the anime. (So in other words, not thousands of years old. A whole lot younger than that, actually, but I don't really have an exact age here at the beginning of the story. Again, you'll learn that later on.) The other major difference in this story is that all Star Warriors are of the same species as Kirby and Meta Knight. (I'm using Star Warrior as a species name, not as a group of soldiers. So even if they aren't actually a warrior, a member of their species is a Star Warrior, and most of the soldiers that were in the army of Star Warriors were a member of this species, although there were plenty of exceptions. [Garlude, Joseph (Knuckle Joe's Father,) etc...])

I know some people might not appreciate that I'm doing things a little bit differently than they have been done, but that's the epic thing about Nintendo. Each different set of characters has an infinite number of stories that can be told about them, in an infinite number of ways. That's an amazing thing, and it's something that one should take a moment to step back and think about.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this story (all of the books) as much as I've been enjoying writing it. :D