Boss Battle, Closing Cutscene

Meta Knight sighed and put down his pen. Aside from the first couple of chapters, which he found in Sakura's pile of books and things in his library, he had written this whole account himself. He felt like Sakura at least deserved to be remembered. His heart heavy, he knew he should finish it, but this was the piece he had tried to remember as little as possible...

That night, after they had dueled, Sakura had finally told him what was troubling her. He had laughed a bit, although nervous, and had promised to not let himself get killed tomorrow. She didn't completely believe him, and therefore had sworn to protect him, but she didn't seem quite as upset as she had before.

Then, she had explained to him a sort of 'whispering' she felt within her. He reassured her, telling her it was probably just nerves and nothing to worry about. His cloak draped around the both of them, he told her, "If I had to pick any of the people I now know to fight alongside me, I would pick you. You have grown much in the year we have spent together."

She had 'smiled' gratefully, and fallen asleep there, leaning peacefully against him. It had felt good to know his young friend trusted him so thoroughly.

The next day, the battle had been going very well...

Sakura took a deep breath as they stood right outside of the temple. "Well, it's now or never, I guess." The place was filled with static, every time any of the heroes brushed against each other, they were met with a small zap. Kirby and Bandana Dee, although nervous, were trying to use this ability to scare the older two. Whereas they could succeed with Sakura, all they got out of Meta Knight was an annoyed glare.

The clouds shook with a peal of dark thunder. "We should not hesitate any longer. He will have finished preparing this storm at any moment," Meta Knight declared. After another moment, he too took a deep breath and led the party in.

"Well, you have arrived," the Monstrous Lightning chuckled from not far ahead. "And here I was, hoping you had chickened out."

"Dream on, poyo," Kirby rolled his eyes, but after another second, they suddenly grew wide, as they turned a corner and first viewed their foe's true form.

A huge spark floated before them, surrounded by clouds with small bolts of lightning jumping from one to another. "Well, do not keep me waiting, heroes. I have a planet to destroy."

"You're never going to get the chance!" Sakura suddenly shouted. Doing a jump-flip combo that rivaled Meta Knight's own ability, she inhaled some lightning. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I shock you?" she quipped, determined, as she became Spark Sakura.

"Hai-yah!" Kirby agreed, getting Spark too.

"Remember the plan?" Meta Knight asked his companions. They nodded. Turning to the monster, he shouted, "Then let us begin!"

Chuckling, the Monstrous Lightning sent out a wave of electricity. Kirby surrounded himself and Bandana Dee in a protective field of static, Sakura did the same with Meta Knight and herself. As soon as the attack was over, the two dropped their shields, and all four flew (or floated, or air-hopped) wildly around the room.

The Monstrous Lightning grunted in frustration. Trying to attack all four of them, his aim was not very accurate, and so all he did was waste energy. "You waste my time!" he shouted, sending out several bolts at once. Kirby and Sakura used the same protective field tactic again, keeping him from injuring any of them.

They went through this cycle several times. Each time, they would weaken the lightning even more, but he got very few attacks of his own to actually hit any of them.

Finally, he began to wise up. If I can stop them from using that annoying force field, I can then attack them whilst they are defenseless. he thought to himself, then chuckled darkly. He made it seem like he was about to send out a sheet of lightning, causing the two Spark-powered heroes to fly toward their other two companions. But, while they were distracted, he sent out a bolt to each of those two, causing them to lose their Copy Ability and freeze, electrified, for a few seconds. And in that preciously short amount of time, he sent out his worst attack yet.