World 3 Level 2- The Quest Begins

"What is it?" Sakura asked in confusion, as Bandana Dee and Kirby simultaneously slammed into her arms.

"Zombie alpaca-lips, poyo!" Kirby yelled, then dove underneath her cape, peeping out cautiously once every few seconds.

"What is he talking about?" Sakura questioned Bandana Dee, then scolded them, "You two have been reading way too many comic books. You really need to quit swiping them from the king when he's not looking."

Bandana Dee shook his head urgently. Touching his forehead to hers, he panicked, "The Waddle Dee are all gone, and the king and Escargoon are zombies!"

"What on earth do you mean?" she laughed, then turned to Meta Knight, trying not to trip over Kirby, who had latched on to her foot. "He says the king and Escargoon are zombies."

His eyes turned an amused green at first, but they quickly changed to an orange of deep thought. "Perhaps we should see what they are speaking of, before we decide they are just being immature."

Kirby reached out and grabbed one of Meta Knight's feet with his other hand. "No! No go, poyo!"

"They'll eat you!" Bandana Dee agreed in panic. Sakura stared at him in disbelief and pulled back, then, nodding at Meta Knight, the older two of the party simultaneously took flight. After about three feet, Kirby let go and floated down to the floor.

"Goodbye, poyo," he sighed mournfully.

Meta Knight and Sakura quickly made it to the throne room. "The Two Royal Stooges are not here," Sakura muttered as the duo landed. "Were the cream puffs tricking us?"

"I do not think that is the case. I have known Kirby for years, I can tell the difference between his fake fear and true terror," Meta Knight disagreed.

They heard a groan from behind them. Turning around quickly, they saw DeDeDe and Escargoon behind them, giving them blank stares. It was almost Waddle Dee-like.

"Maybe they were telling the truth, in that they are acting pretty strangely," Sakura mused, not the least bit afraid. "But I don't think they're zombies."

Meta Knight nodded. "I have to agree, that is highly improbable."

The two 'zombies' groaned again, evidently perturbed at being spoken of in the third person when they were present.

Sakura frowned suddenly, confused. "I feel Waddle Dee, and they're close. But I don't see any."

Meta Knight let his cloak morph into wings again and flew up above. "I cannot see any, either. Is your sense not working, or..."

"Are these two somehow part of the one mind?" she murmured in realization. Jumping up and touching her forehead to the king's, she demanded mentally, "What are you? How are you part of the one mind? What have you done with DeDeDe and Escargoon?"

"Um, um, um, um, I'm DeDeDe, and that guy is Escargoon," the king thought back, sounding like a robot. "We are servants of the Monstrous Lightning. Potato skins."

She frowned deeper. "Potato skins?" she muttered. Meta Knight looked down at her in confusion. She shrugged, then tried again. "But how are you part of the one mind?"

"We don't know," the king shrugged. "We just do what he tells us to. He's going to take over Dreamland. There will be darkness and storms forever. Say goodbye to sunshine, Dreamlander."

Disgusted with her lack of progress, she hopped down and tried to communicate with Escargoon. Meta Knight cautiously observed, his sword drawn and ready to defend her at any moment. "How do you serve the Monstrous Lightning?" she tried.