World 5 Level 1- An Old Enemy Returns

(Wow, I'm already to World 5! How did that happen?!? lol. Anyway, just wanted to say, thanks to anyone who's been reading this. I've been writing a chapter a day since Christmas Eve which has pretty much broken my personal record. Also, just wanted to say a quick thank you to PrimeJourney for giving me the idea for Star Power. Please check out her stories/give her a follow! Thanks! Anyway, enjoy! :D)

The day dawned bright and clear. Read that sentence again: The day dawned bright and clear.

"What in Dreamland?..." Sakura gasped when she awoke to sunlight on her face. Meta Knight was asleep in the corner, so she went and shook him awake. "Meta Knight, it's sunny! What's going on?"

He mumbled something about wanting to join a Warp Star race and turned so he faced a different direction. Rolling her eyes, she inhaled and then blew a puff of air at him. He leapt up quickly and drew his sword, then relaxed when he saw it was just her. "Sakura. Did you have to startle me?"

"Um, yes actually, I did. If you haven't noticed, it's sunny. Why is it sunny?"

He frowned as he, too, became aware of this strange fact. "That cannot be right..."

"Have we not been able to find the Monstrous Lightning because he isn't really here? Did we just have some stormy weather for a couple of weeks?" she wondered aloud.

"I do not think that is the case," he murmured, stepping outside of the hut.

She followed him, then quickly discovered she hadn't realized just how much she had missed the sunshine until now. It felt warm and lovely on her face, and filled her with the emotion of seeing an old friend again after a long time. Sighing happily, she said, "I'm going to go get the kids. They'll be happy to see the sun again too."

As she stepped back into the hut, he puzzled these happenings thoughtfully. "Those were most definitely not just typical storms, I am sure the Monstrous Lightning is here. But where has he gone? Where was he to begin with?"

Kirby and Bandana Dee came racing out of the hut joyfully, and Kirby jumped up on Meta Knight's back, knocking him over. Giggling, Kirby shouted, "Sunny, Meta Knight poyo!"

Rolling his eyes and sighing, Meta Knight stood up and let his cloak turn into wings, making Kirby tumble to the ground. "Yes, Kirby. I am perfectly aware it is bright out today."

Kirby pouted, a bit hurt. "Got out wrong side bed, poyo."

Sakura also strolled back out, just as happy as the two little ones. "Well, should we take advantage of this good weather and get a move on?"

"I suppose that is the most logical course to follow," Meta Knight nodded once, then took off, the others following not far behind.

You may have fooled the others, but you have not fooled me. I will be even more watchful now, he thought determinedly to himself. He had been fooled by an enemy once before, he would not let it happen again.

**************************************************************************************

"Have we convinced them?" the Monstrous Lightning asked his small assistant. He had found this pathetic little guy struggling to get his starship through space. Muttering something about how he hated all Star Warriors, and how he really deserved that crown, not that stupid dragon, this 'Magolor' had been taken completely by surprise when the monster shocked his ship into not even having lights anymore.

"Hey, what did you do that for?!?" he had shouted angrily in a pip-squeaky voice. "Can't you see I'm struggling to even get home?"

"So, you have a grudge against some Star Warriors. Well, according to the prophecies, the only things standing in my way of having the universe as my own is two of these 'Star Warriors' and a couple of pathetic creatures known as Waddle Dee. One of those has the powers of a Star Warrior, but even with three who have power, they'd still be doomed if we worked together," the Monstrous Lightning had explained through the ship's PA system.