World 5 Level 4- The Final Battle?

Sighing, Meta Knight pulled his cloak tighter around himself as he stood at the entrance to the cave and stared at the sky, which was almost black. He had offered to take watch while Sakura woke up Kirby and Bandana Dee. She had been surprised that he wanted to continue watch now that it was day, but he knew they could take no chances. For now, the Monstrous Lightning had truly arrived, and they must be constantly vigilant.

Inside, Sakura explained to the little ones what was going to happen. "We're going to fight the boss sometime in the next day or two. You guys are my little heroes, you're going to be brave. Right?"

Kirby nodded, determined. "Yep-poyo!"

Bandana Dee touched foreheads with her. "You can count on us, Sis- um, I mean, Sakura."

She smiled at him in her mind. "You can call me Sis. I'd love that," she said aloud, giving both of the two little ones a hug.

"Well, you have pretty much been like an awesome big sister to us," Bandana Dee explained, giving her a 'smile' in real life.

"I'm glad you feel that way, Bandana," she said. "I, um, love you both. You guys are just like my little brothers."

Kirby grinned and joined the other two, making it a group hug. "Love you too! Love Sakura poyo!" he yelled, ecstatic that she understood now.

Meta Knight smiled to himself at the cave door. She really was just like an older sister to the two young ones. She reminded him a lot of someone else that he had known well, a very long time before...

Sakura kept Kirby and Bandana Dee in her arms for another long moment, then pulled away. "Come on, we don't want to keep Meta Knight waiting any longer than we have to. We have a monster who needs us to kick him into the next galaxy!"

Kirby laughed gleefully. "Kirby kick monster! Kirby be hero!"

Still touching foreheads with her, Bandana said, "I'm going to be a hero too. I'm a Hero Dee!"

"Yes, you are," she agreed, patting his head. "Now, let's go."

They had no trouble until afternoon, when lightning started to jump from cloud to cloud, making flying safely impossible. Even though Sakura and Kirby could use Spark to stay safe, Bandana Dee and Meta Knight couldn't. (Well, Meta Knight could've if he was desperate, but Sakura didn't know that.)

"What do we do now?" Sakura asked as they landed inside a hollowed-out hill for shelter. "We can't fly to Bubbly Clouds, what can we do?"

Meta Knight thought for a moment. "I have an idea. My cloak can be used as a sort of teleportation device, and I think yours can be too. Each of us can take a child and warp to Bubbly Clouds."

"Okay. I'll take Bandana," she agreed, taking her cape off and holding it over Bandana and her heads.

Meta Knight drew Kirby close and tucked him inside the cloak. "Then, I will take Kirby."

"How do we make sure we warp to the same place?" she asked. "I don't know what Bubbly Clouds is like, I've never been there."

"Bandana Dee, you will have to control the warp. She cannot travel to someplace she does not know, I should have remembered that," Meta Knight ordered the little Waddle Dee.

Bandana nodded, proud to be honored so. He touched foreheads with Sakura, who laughed and turned to Meta Knight. "He says he wants you to know that he won't let any dumb monsters hurt the Kirby Dee."

Meta Knight's eyes glowed an amused green. "I am sure you will protect her well, my small friend. Now, let us go." He and Kirby disappeared into the air.