World 3 Level 1- Motherly Care

Sakura ran as fast as she could, terrified. "We're not going to make it!" she panicked.

"Hush!" Meta Knight reproved, flying immediately above her. "We must stay strong for the young ones!"

She gulped and nodded. Kirby tugged at her Dimensional Cape as they ran, sheer terror on his face. "Scary boss, poyo," he whimpered.

"We're going to be okay," she reassured him, trying to reassure herself as well.

Suddenly the ground fell out from under them. She tried to turn her cape into wings, but it wouldn't change. She was falling, and so were Bandana Dee and Kirby, and there was nothing she could do about it. She yelled up to Meta Knight for help, but there was nothing he could do either. They were somehow falling too fast for him to catch up.

Closing her eyes, she reached a hand out to both of her falling companions, and they all three braced for the landing.

************************************************************

Sakura woke up with a quiet scream. She calmed down some when she realized she had just fallen off her shelf onto the library floor, but she was still really upset.

There was a crash of thunder and bright lightning. It could just be a regular storm, she reasoned nervously. But then, why had she had a nightmare? Regular storms didn't interfere with the Fountain of Dreams.

She used her cape, which was, of course, working just fine, to fly back up to her shelf. After trying to go back to sleep and failing miserably, she grabbed her sword and held it up, causing it to give off a soft light. She had had a feeling it would be able to do that, Galaxia could. "You're a pretty cool sword, Cherry Star," she whispered to it as she flew back down from her shelf and walked out of the library.

All was silent as she patrolled the castle, but she had a feeling she wasn't the only one up. This was confirmed when she saw Blade and Sword nervously pacing at the gate, standing guard. "Oi! Ung naf sakra uppen?" Blade grunted as he saw her.

Sword translated, "He says, 'Oi! Why is you up?'"

"Couldn't sleep," she replied, shaking her head. "What about you guys?"

Sword shrugged. "Just 'bout the same, Miss. Standin' guard cause Mety-Knight told us to."

"Is he up?" she inquired.

"No, I'm thinkin' he's in his room. Maybe not asleep, though." Sword shrugged again.

"Well, thank you for the information," she finished, then bowed a bit.

"Welcon narfiff molk, oi," Blade agreed, and bowed back.

Rolling her eyes as soon as Blade couldn't see her, she continued patrolling. It was funny how, even though Meta Knight himself was so eloquent, one of his sidekicks had poor grammar and the other wasn't even understandable.

At first, everything seemed normal, aside from the storm, of course. But the closer she got to the to the Waddle Dees' section of the castle, the more she sensed a feeling of sadness and fear. It couldn't be just the storm causing it, Waddle Dee pretty much loved all varieties of weather, so what could it be?

She anxiously entered the Waddle Dee sleeping area when she came to it, finding all the Waddle Dee up and jumping around urgently. "What's wrong?" she asked. Moving out of her way, the Waddle Dee cleared a path to a young Waddle Dee who was obviously very sick, its cheeks not giving off their normal healthy glow.

"Oh, you poor thing," she whispered caringly. She turned and ordered one of the Waddle Dee, "Go get Meta Knight!" It just shook its head in fear. "Please. This little one needs help. I promise no harm will come to any of you." The Waddle Dee shook its head again, but a couple of the others seemed to convince it. It grabbed a torch and hurried off into the dark hallways.