World 5 Level 2- Her True Purpose

Meta Knight sighed as he warped back into reality on the ground, not too far ahead of where the others were. "I should stay close to them, in case they really would need my assistance," he muttered, just a little bit hurt. Sakura of all people should have understood his concern, but she was too busy enjoying the nice weather. He would be have been perfectly happy to just savor the warmth on his wings as well, but he had every conviction that this would simply turn out to be a trap.

He went on like this the rest of the afternoon and evening. He'd warp ahead a ways and then wait until he heard the others overhead, then warp ahead again.

The last of these times, he took a break and found a fruit tree. After picking some fruit that had managed to weather the recent storms, he sat down underneath it, removed his mask, and ate. Even he had to smile a bit at the light filtering down through the leaves above, but his pleasure quickly soured into annoyance again as he heard the others approaching. Putting his mask back on and flapping up into the tree, he watched as the other three landed not far from where he was.

Kirby sent his Warp Star back, and Sakura gathered some berries from a nearby bush. There weren't that many, but she and the two little boys seemed content with what they had. After their supper, she sat down between them and told them one of their favorite stories from a book from memory. After it got dark, she helped them build a sort of nest out of leaves, and wished them a good night.

Now she will go to sleep, and leave them all completely unguarded, he thought rather bitterly to himself. He wasn't even completely sure why he was so mad at her, but he was.

To her credit, she didn't go to sleep. She instead held her sword up so it began to glow, and pulled a book out of his satchel, which he had foolishly left with them.

"Kirby and the Monstrous Lightning," he heard her read quietly. Opening the book, she began to peruse it, seeming extremely confused. He nearly fell asleep, but after awhile, understanding seemed to slowly come into her eyes. She flipped faster and faster through the pages, reading them as fast as she could, it seemed.

She understands the Ancients, somehow, he thought in amazement, leaning forward subconsciously. Even I find them impossible to comprehend, but she has decoded their tome!

But moments later, she seemed to freeze, fear now filling her eyes. Suddenly, she began to flip the pages ahead as fast as she could, then returned to that one and stared at it. In the blink of an eye, she slammed the book shut and backed away from it quickly, shaking her head in what could only be described as disbelieving terror.

What has she seen? What has she discovered that is so troubling? he wondered, worried. When she began to cry almost silently, he flew over to her as fast as his wings could carry him.

*********************************************************************

Earlier that night:

This is impossible, Sakura thought to herself with a mental sigh. Meta Knight was right, this code makes no sense. She kept reading, anyway, just to have something to do. It was a long, big book, but it wasn't that heavy, so she assumed there was some sort of charm on it.

But, after awhile, it began to make some sense to her. The sentences followed a logical sort of order, like "c\:kirbyfly c\:waddledooattackbeam c\:kirbyinhale c\:beamkirby." It began to be less and less confusing, as she went on.

She eventually came to a point that seemed like the final battle. "c\:kirbyattack c\:monstrouslightningdefend c\:metaknightslash c\:monstrouslightninggroan c\:bandanadeespearthrust c\:monstrouslightningfade c\:battlecontinue."