2 : Battle Scars

I wish I couldn't feel, I wish I couldn't love
I wish that I could stop cause it hurts so much

2 : Battle Scars (edited)

"Why are you following me?" Catherine finally questioned the curly haired boy after class. She was going to the Great Hall when she noticed Sirius padding after her not so discreetly.

He grinned, striding up next to her. "I'm not following you. I'm off to eat, just like you. It is lunch, you do know that."

"Then why aren't you with your little bumbling mates?"

Sirius cocked an amused eyebrow at her. "Bumbling mates?" he repeated, laughing slightly.

She waved a dismissive hand while muttering, "You know what I mean."

Sirius shrugged in response. "I wanted to walk with you. See if you're up to any more of your pranks. I'd like to participate in them."

She halted in front of the door, turning to face him now curious than ever. "Now that you've mentioned it, Black. Why are you suddenly talking to me like we're best mates?"

"You intrigue me," his answer was simple, a hint of a smirk playing on his lips.

"Because of that little prank this morning?"

He nodded at her.

"I've always been a prankster, what makes this morning so different than the past five years?"

Sirius shook a finger at her, his tone light and teasing, "Ah, now see, you never played a prank on Snivellus those past five years, did you?"

Catherine finally remembered that the Marauders hated that greasy haired monkey. "Ah, I reckon you enjoyed that rather huge development earlier."

Sirius smirked at her choice of words as he pushed open the door to the Great Hall and gestured for her with an arm to go in first. "Yes, that was quite the show you put on this morning. Can't say Snivellus didn't deserve that." The pair laughed before approaching the Gryffindor table when someone had marched over to Catherine.

"Valentine," Snape snapped at her.

Catherine smirked, crossing her arms as she stared at the hook nosed boy. "'Ello, Snivellus. I see the cat's no longer got your tongue."

Sirius coughed to cover his laugh with the way Catherine twisted her words as Snape hissed at him, "What are you laughing at?"

Sirius scowled murderously as he stepped forward to strangle him but Catherine placed a hand on his bicep which halted him. Snape cowered away at that as Catherine flashed him a dirty look. "Just go away, greasy monkey." She weaved her arm through Sirius's and pulled him away when Snape growled at her, "You're a blood-traitor, Valentine. Stick around with that Mudblood any longer and you'll end up just like her."

Sirius had swung around so fast to throw a punch at Snape for insulting Catherine and Lily, but she was quicker and held him back. The surrounding students gasped at what they heard as the other three Marauders watched curiously at Sirius from at the other end of the table, wondering what had gotten him all riled up.