15 : Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)

My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

15 : Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) (edited)

     "Psst, Fabe!" Catherine hissed under her breath, kicking the leg of Fabian's chair while she kept her eyes locked on Binns, making sure he doesn't look her way. "Oi, Prewett!"

     "What?" he whispered back.

     "What's your answer in number eight?"

     It was almost Christmas, and exams were given today before break started the day after. If there was something Catherine couldn't be relied on, it was her learning-new-languages capabilities and memorizing-historical-facts-and-dates capabilities.

     In simpler words, she sucked arse at History.

     Fabian rolled his eyes, checking to see if Binns was still eyeballing the scenery outside the window before hissing back to Catherine with a smirk, "It's an Acromantula, you dimwit."

     She stuck her tongue out at him. "Shut it, Prewett." She bent her head and scribbled the answer as quickly as she could on the parchment after muttering a thanks to him.

     Time was up soon and Catherine wasn't proud to say that she had copied probably a quarter of the answers from Fabian and at least three numbers of essay answers from Gideon. She'd rather go tiger on Remus any day than recall historical crap.

     "Thanks, boys." She shared a sly, mischievous grin with the twins before submitting her piece of parchment to Binns who merely took it with a grunt. Elated with the fact that she was free of exams, Catherine skipped out of the classroom with the largest smile on her face only to smack right into someone.

     She managed a quiet curse, stumbling over her feet as an arm latched out to wrap around her waist and steady her. For some reason, the way the person's arm felt around the curve of her waist just seemed so familiar. As though it had been there all along and it was just a friendly reminder that it belongs right there.

     "Bloody hell, Valentine. You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

     With those words, Catherine couldn't help but flush as she felt the color rise to her cheeks. Unable to stop the smile from curving her lips, she shyly glanced up to lock eyes with James, green clashing hazel. Her mind suddenly went into a jumble when she remembered the snow incident.

     "Hey," he said and smiled gently at her, making her forget what was happening. Everything around them seemed to blur and become irrelevant — James being the only clear thing she could see.

     "Hi," she breathed out.

     James slowly took a step back, helping her back to her feet as he grinned rakishly, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Where you going in a rush?"

     Catherine chuckled, shrugging full-bodily. "Maybe I ought to prank a lucky fellow as a celebration for finishing the exams."

     "I'm definitely joining you in that one." Sirius smirked, throwing an arm over Catherine's shoulder and steering her to the direction of the Gryffindor common room with the boys following.

     James frowned but didn't say anything, moving over to stay in Catherine's other side, his hands tucked in the pockets of his robes. He itches to shove Sirius's arm off of her and then play it off as a joke.

     Catherine laughed, making Sirius's eyes twinkle in mirth as he smiled down at her. "Remember what happened that last time?"

     James was scowling now. Last time? What last time? He didn't know Sirius was there with her. Why didn't she say anything to him?