10 : Just a Little Bit of Your Heart

I don't ever tell you
How I really feel
Cause I can't find the words to
Say what I mean

10 : Just a Little Bit of Your Heart (edited)

"Valentine!"

Lily groaned into her meal as Catherine sent her a sheepish smile, knowing that she was in trouble yet again for her pranks. Last night after the party, and dare she mention the dance shared with James Potter, she decided to lay a little mischief on Peggy Parkinson's hair dryer.

Catherine swiveled on her seat during breakfast to face the girl whose face resembled a pug. She smirked. "Hello, Parkinson. We're looking rather ashen, aren't we?"

Peggy scowled murderously at the girl, pointing up at her hair which was covered in powder. "What the bloody hell did you do to my hair?"

Marlene was drinking juice when she glanced up at Parkinson, snorting as she choked on her drink. Alice passed her a napkin to clean herself up with. Catherine's eyes glinted as she sassily questioned Parkinson, "Tried to blow dry your hair, didn't you?"

"Oh, Merlin," Marlene pointed at Parkinson but spoke to Catherine, "you jinxed her hair dryer, didn't you?"

Catherine just winked at her in reply before shooing Parkinson away with a wave of her fingers. "Let it be, Parkinson. It'll fade in a bit."

"How bit?" she snapped furiously.

"A few hours." Catherine tried to hide her smile as Parkinson shrieked and stomped her feet on the ground like a spoiled, little girl. Suddenly, Parkinson whipped her wand out from the pocket of her robes and aimed it at Catherine. She opened her mouth to yell out a spell, probably a Stupefying one, when it was knocked out of her hand.

Catherine's eyes widened at that as she snapped her head to the side to see the Marauders looming over her, standing next to Parkinson with their hands lazily tucked in their pockets. It was James who had knocked the wand off of her hand.

"I only have duels with men, but if you ever wave your wand in front of my girlfriend again, Parkinson, I'm going to forget about being a gentleman." James scowled deeply at her, looking particularly menacing with his eyes flashing dangerously.

Wow, Catherine thought, he's really outdone himself this time with the boyfriend act.

"Shoo, little owl, shoo." Sirius waved her off dismissively. He and Peter began hooting at her tauntingly and mockingly.

Peggy harrumphed, raised her chin up high and spun around to stomp her way to Malfoy. Probably off to cling onto his arm again and be told off by Narcissa. As always.

James went to take the seat across of Catherine, next to Lily much to the redhead's discomfort, as Sirius and Remus occupied the seats on either side of Catherine with Peter on James's other side.

Catherine glanced up to peek at James, only to find him already staring at her. Their eyes met, hazel clashing jade green. Memories of last night came flooding to Catherine as she felt her face heat up and turn red. She seemed to forget that she was in the Great Hall surrounded by hundreds of students as James tilted his head slightly and smiled lopsidedly at her. Catherine looked back down at her toast before shyly glancing up at him through her lashes, her lips pulling up to a gentle smile.