21 : Unconditionally

There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally

21 : Unconditionally (edited)

It's been a week and Catherine has done her damn best to avoid the Marauders at absolutely all costs. Remembering how drunk she'd been once she had woken up, she had never felt so embarrassed in her whole life. She had screamed into her pillow, humiliation and dread filling her as she kicked and trashed around her bed wildly. Once she had decided to stop acting like a child, she stood up, took a shower and got dressed before making her way to the Great Hall. But even then when she saw the Marauders in their usual seat, she had immediately swiveled around and hid her face with her hands while cringing so badly.

It's fine, she thought to herself, acting like a child doesn't sound too bad. Fuck the adult life.

Honestly though, why the hell did she talk about grass when intoxicated? And how in Merlin's beard does she know all those facts? It gave Catherine a headache to think about all those every time she'd drink.

Currently, Catherine was trying to slip out of the Great Hall once she had finished her lunch. It was a Saturday, meaning no class and she was dressed comfortably, seeing as how it was getting a little warmer everyday. She wore a pair of high waisted denim flare jeans with a white shirt tucked in.

She had successfully managed to escape out of the threshold when she was suddenly cornered to the side.

"Why are you avoiding us?"

Sirius was smirking slightly at her, arching a brow as he crossed his arms.

Catherine mimicked his actions, cockily sassing, "I'm not avoiding you, I'm just simply averting my path from yours."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure that means the same thing as avoiding." She opened her mouth to retort when Sirius grabbed her wrist and tugged her along with him. "Come on. I need to speak with you."

Catherine blindly followed. "Where?"

Sirius threw her a smile over his shoulder but once again, it seemed despondent. "You'll know when we get there."

Catherine kept quiet, grateful enough that he didn't bring up her previously drunken state. Jesus, that must've been a horrifying sight. She recognized the passage Sirius used, it was the one that led directly to Hogsmeade.

"Do you need something before we talk?" Sirius asked kindly, glancing down at her fondly.

Catherine gave him a smile, shaking her head. "No, I'm all set. Thanks, Siri."

Sirius nodded. "Brilliant." He gestured a hand to Three Broomsticks. "Shall we?"

Catherine nodded in response.

Sirius wordlessly led Catherine in the little inn, ordering two Butterbeers for them before ushering her to their usual booth, taking the seat across of her. He stayed quiet, idly playing with the drink that had just arrived as he stared solemnly at Catherine.

Catherine was oblivious to what he was gonna say. She blew a strand of hair away from her face before taking a sip of her Butterbeer. "What's the matter, Paddy? Everything all right?"

Sirius smiled wryly, not knowing how to respond to that. He cleared his throat, opening a new topic. "Catherine," he started, reaching across the table to hold both of her hands as he searched her face, as though desperate for something.