6 : Feel This Moment

One day while my light is glowing
I'll be in my castle golden
But until the gates are open
I just wanna feel this moment

6 : Feel This Moment (edited)

Catherine had never ran so fast in her entire life. She zipped passed several witches and wizards, unintentionally bumping roughly into them while murmuring quick apologies. For a moment, she had stopped in the middle of all her running, wondering why was she even bothering on meeting up with Sirius Black. Knowing that the boy truly wanted to be her friend, she resumed her mad running. She had never been so thankful for Quidditch keeping her in shape.

     Barging through the doors of the candy shop, the sweet smell of goodies met her nose and without even realizing it, a dreamy look plastered onto her face. In a daze, she made her way to the counter to purchase some treacle fudge, completely forgetting her purpose which was to find Sirius.

"Cat! Cathy! Catherine! Oi, Cat Queen!" The last one snapped Catherine out of her trance-like state as she saw the curly haired boy standing right next to her with a what-the-fuck expression directed to her. "Where were you? I've been standing here for twenty minutes looking like a blithering idiot."

She rolled her eyes, eating some fudge as she mumbled through a mouthful, "Sorry, got caught up with the boys."

Sirius gave her a sidelong glance, grinning. "Really, now. How's the map?"

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," Catherine announced proudly, "those are the magic words to open the map."

As they made their way out of the store once she had finished her fudge as well as Sirius did his lolly, Catherine couldn't help but sneak a glance at Sirius. His hair was carefully kept today, its curls not as unruly. He wore a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt covered with his signature leather jacket — his neck wrapped with his Gryffindor scarf, the only colors seen on him. She had to admit, he was definitely attractive — just as James and Remus were. Peter was more on the soft, cute and childlike side with his still roundish features.

Catherine's face lit up visibly, reaching up to tug Sirius in Zonko's. "Merlin's beard, there's a whole load of limited offers! Well, well, the Prewetts are going to be so jealous when I buy these." Catherine suddenly giggled, shaking her head as she mumbled in thought, "Fabe'll love me even more."

Sirius raised an eyebrow at her, "You and Fabian?"

Catherine shook her head fervently at him, bursting out laughing. "Not that way, Black. He's just the more notorious prankster between him and Gideon."

He offered her a small grin as she pulled some pranking materials off the shelf, beaming brighter with every object she holds. In all of Sirius's life, he has never seen a girl so interested in troublemaking. It was as though she was a perfect match to the Marauders. Sirius padded after Catherine who dumped all the contents on the counter, flashing the wizard behind it a quick smile.

"Will that be all?"

She nodded. "Yes, please."

"Ten Galleons," he mumbled back to her.

Catherine searched through her small bag with an extendable charm when someone's hand reached over and placed the gold coins on the counter. Her eyes snapped up to see that Sirius had payed for her. She frowned at him. "Black, you didn't have to do that."

He winked playfully at her, shrugging as he took the parcels containing the newly bought items and nodded to the door. "My treat, Cat. Don't worry about it," he casually replied.