Sins of a preacher's son~Book 1

I will never forget the day I saw Jackson Holt in my front lawn kicking down my mailbox at three in the morning. He was madder than fire and looked as if he was two bricks short of a load.

 “Hey! What the in Sam hill are you doin’!? Get off my daddy’s property, he’ll shoot you dead!”

 I closed my bedroom window and ran downstairs. My daddy already beat me to the door. He was hollering something fierce. Swearing and loading his gun.

“Andrew. Get inside and call the police. This boy is truly a sinner.”

I did as told. Mama sat in the kitchen shaking her head as she made some coffee. Looking out the small kitchen window I noticed Jackson had stopped kicking the mailbox and was now throwing down with my daddy. My face must have been brighter than a tomato when Jackson tore his shirt in half.

“Oh my. Is it just me or is it hotter than a two goats in a pepper patch.”

“Andrew?”

“Mama the heat isn’t on is it? I-I’ll go check!”

Covering up the fact I was turned on by Jackson wasn’t easy, and my parents knew nothing about me being gay or the fact that I’ll one day end up with Jackson. My name is Andrew and… well… I’m a preacher’s son… my daddy does not take too kindly to queers and me dating the other folk over the fence. That is his way of saying no black folk. Don’t get me wrong he’s not racist he’d just rather argue with a fence post.

I would not see Jackson for a few more months till the annual bake sale at the church. You see he just got out of jail.

“Andrew! There you are.” Daddy called from his office.

“Yeah. What is it?” I’m busy scrubbing the floors with a tooth brush.

“Remember that hooligan, who was kicking at the mailbox?”

“Yeah why? He’s in jail aint he?”I look up for a second and shut my mouth. Jackson was standing next to my daddy with a glare hot as hell.

“I-I didn’t mean…”

“Andrew it’s alright. Jackson’s mama is making him do some things around here to pay for the mailbox.”

I took in Jackson as my daddy kept talking. He wore a nice Sunday suit that was a deep blue I imagined what he would look like without it. He was taller than me, probably about 6'2" or 6'3". He was also built wide and muscular. His hair was cut extremely short, with the sides and back shaved bald. He had smooth mocha skin. The one thing that stood out, was the Timberland boots it’s nearing spring who wears boots in the spring. All in all he’s caught my eye.

Andrew you’re daddy is a preacher you’re sinning!

I snapped out of it. And Jackson finally spoke.

“You have, two different color eyes. You make a pact with the devil?”

“No. but it seems you did, wanting to kick mailboxes.”

Daddy caught us ready to fight.