~Chapter 3 Rival Girl?

The next few weeks were fun and just a break from the norm. Jackson had planned a little get away trip for us but my father got in the way and decided to send me to camp for my last year. Of course Kristy will be going also.

“Isn't this exciting!” Kristy tossed her stuff in the trunk and grabbed mine.

“No! this is horrible! I was suppose to have a nice outing with Jackson.”

“Whose to say you can’t” 

~~

I gave Andrew a wicked smile which he returned

“You are the best!” he hugged me jumping into the car.

“Well lets go tell that sexy boyfriend  of yours the good news.” 

When we reached Jacksons house we heard nothing but yelling and music.

“Jackson!” Andrew yelled opening the front door, i followed close behind. Andrew left me to break up a fight between Jackson and his cousin.

“Stop it!”

Andrew squeezed between them clinging to Jacksons shirt begging him not to fight.

“Watch your back Jackson! and if i were you i’d keep this one close...” I watched as Jacksons cousin eyed andrew like a piece of meat. He shoved past me, leaving.

“Jackson. are you alright?”

Jackson pushed Andrew into the wall and kissed him roughly. My face started to burn.

“I’ll uh be in the car.”

~~

“Andrew. Listen to me. I dont want you to be alone ever. you hear me?”

“Why?”

“You hear me Andrew!” I shook him hard as he nodded.

“Yes..But jackson. please tell me why?”

He buried his face into my chest, his nails digging into my skin.

“I-I have some people after me. They already threatened my Mama, and Keyshawn is with them. Andrew i want you to stay inside. These guys mean business.”

Andrew slid to the floor praying. I watched him shake and sniffle.

“Dear God, please keep Jackson safe.” Andrew went silent for a moment and nodded. 

“Jackson i have to leave for camp. i’ll be back later.”

All i could do was just nod. I knew soon that me being with Andrew will cause him to be caught up and my mess and Keyshawn, how will i deal with him?

The next few weeks i called Mama and delta with her. She was angry at me for letting things get to far and dragging Andrew into it.

"God. please tell me what to do. show me a sign or something!"

My hand went through the wall than a knock on the door interrupted me from my thoughts. I shook off the pain and sent all negative thoughts to the back of my mind. Opening the door i was crushed by someone hugging me.

"Jackson!"

I pulled them away to see the face. 

"Carol?"

"Hey sweet pea, how's my sexy man doing?"

"Carol...I thought we talked about this."

She closed the door and went to raid the fridge. Carol was well how could i put this my ex. She was everything and crazy, that's why i left her in a Taco bell all the way in Kansas.

"Oh. is this your mom's homemade lemonade?"

Before i could answer she was already pouring herself a glass.

"Carol why are you here?"

"I cant come visit my best man, besides i have something for you." she winked.

"I don't want what you have Carol. Now can you leave."

Carol tip toed over to me in those navy blue heels over to me fishing in her bag.

"Here. I thought you should know."

I took the paper from her hands and unfolded it.

"What the hell is this!?"

"Well if you can read Jackson this here says you're the father of my baby."

She gabbed her blood red nails into my chest.

"I'm not nobodies baby father, i was careful with you more than i am with-"

"With who? you got yourself some slut?"

I handed the papers back and pointed to the door.

"uh no i'm not leaving till you see your little girl."

"I want a perturnity test."

A knock on the door broke the tension between us.

~~

I missed Jackson so much while on the retreat i rushed over to his house as soon as i got home. He opened the door and closed it quickly.

"Andy what are you doing here...i thought i told you not to come here alone."

I went to kiss him but he shoved me away.

"Jackson.."

"I-im just not in the mood."

"Babe who is that?" A girl dressed as a street walker came out leaning on jackson. my heart sunk did she just call him babe? and what is a girl doing in his place. All i could do was hold out my hand.

"Hey i'm Andrew. it's nice to meet you."

"Carol. you're a cute little thing. What are you doing hanging with jackson..unless he's selling again."

I gave him a shocked look.

"No. we're just friends. i just came to say hello."

The walk back home was full of nothing but rage. 

 How could i be so stupid! I let this complete stranger do those things. I let him in.

Mama sat folding clothes in the living room.

"Hello andrew how was your walk?"

"Alright. Mama, can i ask you something personal?"

"Well..go on."

 I shifted on the couch holding my hands tight. 

"Mama, what if you and daddy were young again...um well wait, when you and daddy were young did you guys ever do something that you'd regret?"

"I  see. well when your father and i were younger we did do a few crazy things but nothing we'd regret. Is this about you and Kristy?"

"Yeah. Thanks. I think i'll go up to my room."

The first thing i did was write in my journal.

Dear god,

Please make Jackson catch a plague or something. please don't let him use another persons heart ever again. I hope he breaks" something."