To Our Luna - Part 10

Meanwhile...

December - Green Fields Pack

Seymour Intermediate School

*Amina POV*

The bell rang dismissing everyone from school for the end of the day. I took my time leaving my last class on my way to the car where Carlos was waiting. Me, Annie, Devin, Roger and Teresa liked to hangout together as much as possible, because I never got to see them on the weekends. Annie, Roger and Teresa were human so I wasn't allowed to have them over my house and I was usually stuck at home a lot.

"Amina, what did you get on your math test? I got an A." Annie said jumping up and down. She was my first human friend and we loved all the same things. We were the only girls on honor roll last year and that's how I met her.

"I got an A. You knew I would, you helped me study." I said smiling. Annie was happy all the time and that made me happy too.

"Yeah right, like you needed help. We talked about TV the whole time." Annie replied laughing. "What about you Roger?"

"I got a C." Roger grumbled with his head down. Poor Roger could never get math but he was a wiz at history and english. "My mom's going to kick my butt!" he whined. Roger was smart when he wanted to be but he always got sidetracked playing video games.

"Why didn't you meet with us to study?" Teresa asked chewing her gum. "I got a B, one more wrong answer and I would've gotten a C too." Theresa was the athlete of my friends, she made sure her grades were good enough to play sports. If it wasn't for the off season we would only see her in the mornings and at lunch. Basketball, tennis and softball kept her busy after school but her games gave me some where to go in the spring and summer.

"My cousin Bobby came over and we ended up playing Mario Cart. He beat me in the first two games so I couldn't stop until I was number one again." Roger said shaking his fingers in the air.

"Man, your gonna fail if you don't cool it." Devin said laughing at Roger's victory dance. Devin was my best friend and in the pack. We had been BFF's for two years. He was always smart and got good grades in everything. "I got an A too and I couldn't make it to study with the girls." He continued.

When we got to the parking lot Annie and Teresa said bye turning to walk home, Roger unlocked his bike while me and Devin walked to the SUV. My dad was happy to hear I had made friends with humans, but he wasn't so sure about Devin. Daddy thought I was into boys and it took six months to finally convince him we were friends and another six to let Devin ride with me and Carlos home, since he was on the way. On the ride home me and Devin told Carlos about our day. He was one of the only grown-ups I could tell everything to, the other was my mom.

When we got home my dad was in his office on the phone as usual and mom was in bed. She had been tired a lot lately, I guessed that she was pregnant and they didn't want to tell me until the right time. Everyone in the pack knew the pregnant lupines were having problems. They never wanted to get their hopes up too high if things didn't work out so it was always a big secret. I went to my room and sat at my desk to do my homework and check my email. I loved my room. For my tenth birthday mom and dad helped me redecorate it. I picked out a mural for the wall behind my bed of the beach at sunrise. The rest of the walls were painted an ocean blue-green that were covered in 80's cartoon posters of Fraggle Rock, Garbage Pail Kids, Little Rascals, Ghostbusters and the original TMNT.

"Princess, can I come in?" Dad asked knocking on the door.

"Sure daddy." I answered turning in my chair.

"Your mom is still sleeping so I'm ordering a pizza. What would you like on yours?" He asked leaning on the doorframe.

"I always get pepperoni and mushroom with extra cheese. You know daddy, mushrooms won't kill you, if you just try it their really good." I giggled. For some reason dad didn't like squishy food, I thought it was hilarious because when he shifted into his wolf he ate deer.