To Our Luna - Part 12

Three Years Later...

November - Green Fields Pack

Alpha Amir Tennessee Home Office

*Amina POV*

I decided to choose a major for college since I got skipped over eighth grade completely and enrolled into Seymour High with all honor classes for my freshman year. The good thing was I had friends here, Devin was with me in all my classes and Annie was skipped also but she wasn't in any of my classes. Teresa and Roger were still at Seymour Intermediate in eighth grade. Since we went to different schools hanging out was impossible. We all kept in contact though with emails, chatting and text messaging, but it just wasn't the same.

High school was hard, not the classes but the personalities. I was friends in passing with the lupines but the humans were different than my friends. The guys were all nice if you like that type, they were mostly arrogant, self centered, pompous jerks. I usually got asked out two or three times a week by upper classmen, and being thirteen didn't seem to bother any of them. Fortunately, Devin and I had moved our friendship to the next level last year. He asked me to be his girlfriend on Valentine's Day, it was super cute. That was the day I learned exactly what French kissing was, and let me tell you it was mouthwatering.

Daddy had always said I had an old soul, that was why I was mature for my age. He understood that I didn't do things at a regular pace like other kids my age. After we had a meeting with the school about me getting skipped and put into honor classes dad asked me if I wanted to get involved in pack business. Since I already choose my major for college I jumped at the chance to get active. He even sweetened the deal by giving me a salary. I was happy for so many reasons but the biggest was that we started spending more time together.

I was in daddy's office taking notes for his conference call with Alpha Corbin of the Red Gulf Pack. They were making the final decisions for the Surfacing Conference in three weeks. I wanted to go but didn't know how to ask without sounding childish. Besides the fact that I would get out of Texas the meeting was scheduled out of the country. We needed a place where all the Alphas wouldn't feel threatened or a desire to show their dominance. It was a toss up between Canada and Mexico. Mexico wasn't chosen because that meant getting the other Hispanic countries in Central America involved and we weren't at that stage yet.

"That should be everything for now. I'll see you in three weeks." Dad said ending his call. Once I handed him the notes I had taken I remained in my seat. "Amina, once I go over these notes I'm done for the day so you can clock out."

"I wanted to talk to you if you had time?" I said knowing he would.

"Of course Princess." He answered setting the papers on his desk aside.

"The Green Fields Pack Liaison will be handling domestic and international business with the humans and report directly to you. Not only will this lupine need status and knowledge they will also have to be dominate without being intimidating. A major part of this job will be getting past the idea humans have of us and the language barrier with other countries." I paused to gauge his reaction. He sill hadn't said a word so I continued. "I have been thinking about college since I started school this year and while I've been assisting you with pack business it's made me interested in our politics. So I can be considered for the position I've decided to take Political Science as a major with Japanese and Italian as minors adding to French, Spanish and Portuguese . When the time comes I will be old enough to take the job speaking six languages and I'll have years of experience in my pocket."

Man did I say a mouthful, I hadn't planed on making it a speech. He sat there staring at me probably wondering if I had been taking drugs or something. I keep eye contact so he knew I was serious. After what felt like fifteen minutes he picked up the phone and called Carlos. To my surprise he told him to make sure he was available in three weeks for some extended hours for a business trip. Carlos knew how much I wanted to go and what my plans for college were. I jumped out of my seat running around his desk to hug and kiss him to death with thank yous.

"I can't believe you're letting me go, this is awesome!" I exclaimed raining kisses all over his face.

"Yeah well, I do need my secetary there to cover my back." He chuckled as he hugged me back.

"Your going to be so proud of me I'm gonna make your head spin." I said trying to tone down the huge smile hurting my face.

"Just make sure you have all the paperwork we need and please don't over pack, you know how I hate baggage check and security." He said rolling his eyes.

As I walked in my room I glanced at Luna Adila. I named the doll I got mom for Christmas after her. It still hurt that she was gone but I kinda understood what she was trying to do. Walking over to Luna I hugged and kissed her. Daddy gave me mommy's clothes that she wore the most, they still had the smell of her in them. We put them in Ziploc bags and Supreme Beth helped me make Luna Adila outfits out of mom's clothes. I still spoke Portuguese to her when I shared my secrets, it wasn't the same but it helped me a lot the last three years. Putting her down I got to work.

I had so much to do before the trip but the most important thing was I needed clothes. In November, living in Tennessee and visiting Canada was like night and day. Unfortunately, I couldn't go to the mall and pick some things out so I went online. Searching the websites I called Annie to get some fashion suggestions. She had a grandmother who lived in British Columbia that she visited every other thanksgiving. I hated lying to my human friends about my real life but couldn't take the chance that someone would find out about us before we were ready. After I ordered $300 worth of clothes, boots and a coat I was set. Annie and I talked for another hour before she had to go for dinner. After dinner I logged onto yahoo chat in our private room to talk to Devin about my trip.

GreenM&Ms: hey, u busy

green_ninja: naw, just homework

GreenM&Ms: i wanted to tell you i told dad about college

green_ninja: what he say

GreenM&Ms: nothing

green_ninja: so what does that mean

GreenM&Ms: he called Carlos

green_ninja: and...

GreenM&Ms: he invited me to go on his business trip

green_ninja: wow i know you really wanted to go

GreenM&Ms: yup i did some shopping on the net

green_ninja: what did u get

GreenM&Ms: clothes, shoes, coat the reg, Annie helped me

green_ninja: how long will u be gone

GreenM&Ms: just a three day weekend

green_ninja: ok thats cool

GreenM&Ms: guess what else

green_ninja: what

GreenM&Ms: guess!!

green_ninja: you love me

GreenM&Ms: you know I do

green_ninja: yeah I do

GreenM&Ms: i'm going as his assistant i get to attend everything

green_ninja: will u call me while your gone

GreenM&Ms: of course

green_ninja: just checking

GreenM&Ms: silly boy

green_ninja: don't go meeting any guys either

GreenM&Ms: only the boys there are from the other families

green_ninja: that's what i'm afraid of

GreenM&Ms: i wish u would stop that

green_ninja: i know i'm sorry

GreenM&Ms: good, gotta go, love u to pieces

green_ninja: love u to death