To Our Luna - Part 15

November - Red Gulf Pack

Red Lily Wilderness Resort

*Marcus POV*

After I left the hall I took a run to burn off my frustration. I was bothered how the others got a rise out of me but I was annoyed with myself more. I never made assumptions about people before and it was a major shot to my ego being put in my place by Amina. Even thought they weren't at my table I knew every wolf in the room heard what happened and even worse everyone who didn't would know about it by tomorrow. If I was going to survive the rest of this trip I had to talk to Amina again. What was I going to say to her? I know I didn't like the reaction I got from being around her, maybe I'd wait until morning?

I went back and fourth about seeing Amina as I walked into the cabin to check my cell phone. I had four missed calls, two voicemails and one long ass text message. As much as I wasn't in the mood I called Becky back.

"Marcel, why haven't you been answering my calls?" Becky yelled into the phone.

"Becky, you know I'm in meetings. I didn't bother taking my cell with me because I knew I wasn't going to answer it. Why are you tripping?" I asked exasperated.

"There is no way you were in a meeting all this time. What ya'll don't eat or something?" She continued making me further fed up about our relationship.

"Look Becky, I was being considerate calling when I did. There's no reason for you to get all bitchy for nothing." I said clenching my teeth.

"Fuck you Marcel, I know what you're really doing out there! Who is she? What little slut did you go up there to see? How long have you been seeing the bitch?" Becky started ranting.

"What! I'm working with my dad. How would I have time to see anyone? Have I ever given you a reason to think I've been cheating on you?" I growled at the end of my rope.

"Yeah well, it's not like I've ever met your parents. The only time I see you is when you visit me on campus or my house. I don't know anything about you besides what you tell me." She hissed with attitude. We had this conversation many times before and there was no way I was going there again.

"You know what Becky, I was going to talk to you when I got back but fuck it. For the last eighteen months this hasn't been working. I can't continue our relationship, we're done." I said happy to get that off my chest.

"You're crazy if you think you can just drop me like that! When you get back we'll work this out. Marcel Blaine you are mine and we will get married!" Becky yelled hyperventilating.

"What the hell are you talking about! I never said we were getting married, I never even hinted at it. You know what, it doesn't matter. We're through Becky." I ended in a calm tone that didn't sound like me. Of course she did what I expected and screamed into the phone until I hung up on her.

I didn't realize how stressed I really was until I finally broke it off with Becky. I actually felt liberated. I didn't want to end our relationship like that but she just kept on pushing me. Once she told me we were getting married that was the end of it, I couldn't even be nice to her after that. I decided I needed to talk to my dad. He was always there when I needed him. I found him outside with the Defense Team getting ready for a run.

"Hey dad, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked feeling like the kid I thought I wasn't.

"Sure Marcus." He said walking towards the side of the cabin. He stayed silent until I was ready to talk.

"I broke it off with Becky. She didn't take it well. She actually said that when I got back that we would work it out and get married." I said shaking my head in disbelief.