To Our Luna - Part 18

Meanwhile...

May - Green Fields Pack

Alpha Amir's Home Office

*Amina POV*

After the conference dad went into overdrive searching for a new Luna for the pack. I was fine with the way things were but I knew for the better for the pack they needed a Luna. Me, not so much. There could never be anyone one good enough to replace my mom. The first of many parties started on New Year's Eve and continued twice a month since then. At first it was really fun seeing the pack again and again. After three months of balls, costume parties and celebrations I was done. Knowing these parties were a means to an end I kept up my part. The female lupines that approached my father were all pretty and a few were really nice but no one caught my father's eye until her.

During the Spring Garden Gala in April my worst nightmare made a grand appearance, Suzann Sheila Baker. She sashayed in wearing an all white gown contrasting her beach bunny tan. Drawing everyone's attention with her lavender eyes she was introduced to dad. Seducing him with her long golden blond hair I knew my dad was a goner. She stayed at his sided for the rest of the evening and made sure to show up at every party from that day on. After almost two months of flirting, she managed to get dad to ask her out. Tonight was their first date and I needed to have a serious daughter father talk with him before he got ready.

"Dad, can we talk?" I asked after knocking on his office door.

"Of course, I was wondering when you were going to come talk to me, again." He answered stuffing a file in his desk.

"I just wanted to say I'm happy for you and I hope your date goes good tonight." It took every ounce of will power I had not to grimace when I said that.

"Really, after your reaction earlier I thought you weren't going to speak to me again." He said giving me a pointed look. As much as he let me get away with things respect was not one of them.

"I know I behaved like a spoiled brat and I'm sorry. Knowing your going to make her Luna is still not sitting well with me." I confessed.

"First of all, I didn't say anything about making Sheila our Luna. I would actually talk to you and get your opinion. This is just a first date. Amina, never think I would decide something that big that effects you personally without talking to you." He assured me as he came around his desk to give me a hug.

"Thanks dad, that makes me feel a whole lot better." I answered rubbing my face in his chest.

"Who have you been talking to? You never call yourself out especially when you're in the wrong." He said releasing me to sit on the edge of his desk.

"Oh, I was a little out of it and I called Marcus for some advice. He gave me a reality check and said I needed to at least give Shelia a chance if she made you happy." I said not making a big deal out of it. I knew dad like that Marcus and I became close but I could never figure out why. It took him a year just to warm up to Devin.

Since the conference Marcus and I developed this strange relationship. He was like my best friend and big brother but so much more. I could never fully describe how I felt about him. We talked just about every other day in some way shape or form with the power of technology. I knew everything about him and I told him everything about me. The weirdest thing was I even told him things that I never told Devin and he was my best friend/boyfriend.

"How is Marcus these days? He should be graduating next month, right?" He asked returning to his chair.

"Oh, he's fine. He invited us to his graduation, I took the liberty of scheduling it in your planner." I answered with a smile. I knew dad would let me go as long as he was going too. It was one thing going to someone's graduation that was out of state. It was totally different to go into another packs territory. "He's going to major in Engineering and Politics and minor in Japanese at Texas A&M." I couldn't stop the pride that rang out of my voice and glowed from my face.