To Our Luna - Part 20

Meanwhile...

October - Green Fields Pack

Alpha Amir's House

*Amina POV*

"I can't believe that butthead hung up on me." I said laughing to myself.

"I can. What I don't understand is why he answers your calls at all." Ashley said standing in my doorway.

"I'm starting to think you're homeless. What do you want Ashley?" I said locking my cell. I knew if she ever got a hold of it she would steal every number in it. Especially Marcus' number and I was not having that.

"For your information, I'm about to move alright. Right on up to the penthouse. Wouldn't want to spoil the surprise though, I hear you love them." Shit, if there was a surprise and she was excited about it, that meant bad news for me.

My dad and Sheila met over a year ago at one of our parties. She was someone else's date but managed to stay glued to my dad the entire night. After a couple of months of flirting they started dating. I knew before the end of their first date that she was going to be our new Luna. My problem was the bitch and her spawn mini bitch was as fake as fake could be. For a year they played nice in front of my father and the Enforcers. Everyone thought I was being spoiled and wasn't giving them a fair chance because I hadn't had to share my dad with anyone in a long time. They were so blind by all that blond hair it was sickening. All I had was Carlos and Marcus, even my dad was justifying them. He would say that since I didn't have a mom around that I missed a lot of things that girls should be doing. Did he really want me to shop for a living? Even he knew that Ashley had no desire to go to college or get a job.

"Yeah whatever. Look, I keep telling you don't come in my room and you don't live here so stop being so damn comfortable. If you don't want anything, you can go home." I said getting up to close my door. I didn't want her to know when I was going to see my dad. Even though his office was sound proof I didn't want to take the chance.

"Mom and I just got back from the mall. We picked up a few things and even remembered your birthday gift. Mom insisted that we get you something nice, we don't want the Alpha's Princess thinking that we don't love her." She said ignoring me. I rolled my eyes listening to her drone on.

These were the times I wished that I had my wolf strength, just to be able to kick her ass. Sheila was so happy to tell me that Ashley had shifted right after her 11th birthday. They had actually convinced my dad to stop bringing me to the Howl. They made it seem like it was hurting my feelings watching everyone shift into their wolf while I was still on the sidelines with the kids. They managed to take away the closest thing I had to shifting.

"Yeah, I'm sure you two got me something real nice. Probably, to try to make me into a walking Barbie like the two of you." I said turning my back on her to sit at my desk.

"You could never be like us, after all you poor baby, you can't even shift. Your a freak, what kind of lupine can't find her wolf, you do realize this is your last year." Ashley continued as I flinched at her verbal strike.

I knew this better than anyone. I didn't know why I hadn't shifted. It was all I thought about since I turned fourteen and there was nothing I could do about it. It made me realize that I wasn't special like my mom always told me.

"You'd say anything to piss me off. I will shift and I will always be Princess Amina and you. You will never be enough. With you and your mom drifting from place to place. Get a reality check and a job. Take care of yourself and stop living off of everyone else. Both of you are like walking vampires sucking the life out of everyone you come in contact with." I said with contempt.