Mertha's depression

I followed Jeff passed the campsite and through the woods. We reached the house not long after. Inside the house, Sally sat on the couch watching cartoons. Ben was sitting next to her, but he fell asleep from boredom.

"Oh you guys are home." Sally  said.

"Yes we are. What are you two doing up so early." Jeff asked.

"We just got back from killing. Slendy didn't want me to go alone; so BEN came along. But he was tired I guess." Sally said. I barely paid attention, I couldn't get that baby out of my head. It brought up terrible memories, memories I thought I would never would have come up the surface of my mind ever again. I felt like crying a bit.

"Ya alright Mertha, you look paler than me." Jeff asked.

"I rather not talk about it." I said, I wasn't in the mood to talk

"Is it the baby at the camp. Mertha, its jus-" "Its what?! Just something you can just do whatever you want with because you can?!" Mertha shouted at Jeff.

"What the fuck Mertha!" Mertha stood there and thought no more than a second.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I don't want to talk about it." Mertha reminded Jeff.

'What is going on in here." Slendy said, coming down the stairs, holding a few boxes in his hands and tentacles that were coming out of his back.

"Nothing Slendy. Just forget about it.' Jeff said.

"Well alrighty then. But I just don't want any fighting going on in this house. I mean; this house. The one that is filled with weapon wielding murderers." Slendy joked.

"What are you doing?" Jeff asked.

"Oh I'm just moving the storage out of the spare room we have." Slendy said.

"Oh ya, the room your using for Mertha right?" Sally asked.

"Precisely."Slendy said.

"Oh ya, I forgot you told me that." Jeff said.

"Uh huh, well I just cleaned the rest of the boxes, Mertha, why don't you go take look, I'm sure you'll like it." Slendy said walking int the next room. Mertha gave a moments thought before heading up stairs. Jeff followed Mertha upstairs, watching make her way slowly down the hallway.

"Here." Jeff said pushing the door open that was first one the right. Mertha made her way in the room, it was complete gray and covered in dust and dry blood that has been there for god knows how long. There was a bed and a dresser already there, but nothing else. 

Mertha didn't say a word, she just stared at the emptyness, but she wasn't judging the decor in her thoughts, she was deep in her mind, thinking about the baby that she and Jeff left in the forest.

"Mertha?" Jeff said waving his knife infront of her face.

"What."

"Are you alright, you have been very distant since we came home."

"I'll be alright I just need to lie down a bit." Mertha said, putting a hand to her developing headache.

"Well, all right. I'll just leave you be I guess." Jeff walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. Mertha watched as the door shut. She looked once more around the room, she paid most attention to the bed, which she really wanted to lie down on.

Mertha walked towards the bed and sat on it, it was nice and firm. Nothing that Mertha thought it would be just by the way it looked. Mertha slowly placed her head by the tip of the bed. It felt relaxing. Her back tensed a bit, but soon relaxed as well. She wasn't tired, but it felt good just to lie down for a while. She took the time to recall some memories that has been hidden away for a long time, until the baby brought it back and now settled Mertha into a very deep depression. From there,  now one knew how long Mertha would stay in that room of her.