Jane

Mertha stood frozen and the edge of the forest, gazing of what has turned out for her family. She watched as the coffins layed there above there graves and many family friends and college students sat near, Mertha felt a deep feeling, buried in the bottom of her stomache. It was very unsettling.

"Mertha?" Jeff tried getting Mertha's attention, but she was completely zoned-out on what she was seeing.

"Mertha, I'm going to go back to the house. Come back to the house when your ready." Jeff said before taking off. Mertha did hear what Jeff said, but her eyes never strayed from the agonizing scene.

"Folks" The Pasteur began to speak. "Loved ones, we are gathered here today, in memorial of our dear family, the Maredo's. All had been sent to a place far better than this earth that has turned into a terror upon worse things. Let us all, mourn in prayer for thee who have been stolen from us." Everyone there bowed there heads in prayer, Mertha thought she had to do the same. She tilted her head forward and closed her eyes.

"Mom." Mertha thought. "I never think that a sorry would be enough for you to forgive me for what I did. And my brother and father, I still think that all three of you shouldn't have gone through what I did. I have been going through a lot of things. More than a kid would say. But I hate to say, but this is my new life now, and there is now going back. I have to do things that I now need to do. I miss you all. And i hope someday, I receive a punishment far worse than what I did to you. " Mertha looked up, she peered around the tree to see people getting up and leaving. The funeral was ending and a few people were lowering the coffins into the ground.

"Hello Mertha." Mertha was shocked by the sudden voice, it had a very raspy vocal sound to it. Mertha freaked and quickly turned around, with her fist aiming right for the creeps face. But, this person caught her hand mid-air.

" Don't make this hard for me girl." The girl said with a voice of ice. Mertha stood there shocked, staring at the girl. Her face was completely pale, and her eyes, a charred black that stared deep in Mertha's soul. Her hair was a very unnatural black, almost like it wasn't even supposed to be hair. She wore a dress that looked like something a hostel Alice of Wonderland would were.

"Who are you? let me go!?" Mertha shouted, struggling to get free. But the girl's grip was far too tight for Mertha to get out of. Mertha noticed the knife she had in the other hand. The girl slowly raised it higher and higher, until it was almost above her head.

Then, in an instant, the girl swung forward, Mertha dodged the knife from it hitting her chest, but it ended up hitting her arm, grazing it. Blood started to slowly pour out and stain her sweatshirt. The girl was more focused on where her knife was aiming, that she forgotten about her grip on Mertha. Mertha slipped out of the girl's grip, and tried to run away. Mertha made it few yards, but the girl had already took in action. She threw her knife at Mertha, and it stuck deep in the back of her leg. Mertha fell to the ground in agonizing pain, but the girl was walking towards her.

Mertha had no other choice, she pulled the knife out of her leg with every ounce of will power she had left in her. Once she did, blood spurted out frantically out and covered the dirt beside her. Mertha looked up with hopeless eyes, the girl was getting and closer to her. Mertha didn't think at all when she decided to throw the knife at the girl. So in an instant, the girl caught the knife with only two fingers. Mertha was getting very dizzy from blood loss. She did all she could to limp away. But it was too late, the girl had already struck Mertha in the shoulder. Mertha couldn't bear the pain much longer; her vision was now a complete blur. Until, she finally fell unconscious. Mertha didn't knew who this girl was, but all she knew was that she wanted Mertha dead. Before Mertha blacked out, Mertha heard something spoken from the girl.

"Don't go to sleep. You will never wake up."